Happy 4th, we're playing uke at a party, what are you doing?

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Happy 4th of July fellow USAers. One of the members of my seniors uke group is having her annual family 4th of July party on Thursday and she invited a few members of the group to come and play with her grandkids, whom she has been grooming on ukulele. She asked me to bring my sound system, which I love doing since I don't get a chance to use it enough (just bought six wireless NuX B2 systems for my 5 mics and Behringer 12 channel WiFi mixer).

Later in the evening I'm going to watch about 12 distant fireworks shows from my fifth floor balcony while eating popcorn. Anyone else doing something similar, tell us.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Sadly......I will be working tomorrow. Fireworks have been largely curtailed in the Salt Lake Valley due to fire danger, but I'm sure there will be some to watch. Just enough noise to freak my dog out.

We are camping for the week. There is a local fireworks event this evening at the fairgrounds near here we plan to attend. I’ve been Ukin’ all week and my four year old has been exploring her new dolphin.

I'll be home, trying to keep my dogs from killing themselves. One has an extreme reaction to the noise, and another panics, but is less extreme. We've been working with a vet behaviorist, and the house is well stocked with medications for the dogs.

I'll spend the evening sitting on the floor with the dogs, and hoping for the best. I'm right by one of the official firework displays, so the house shakes and the air is so thick with smoke you can't see through it. And then I have neighbors who like to get drunk and spend lots of money shooting off their own fireworks displays, (which is illegal, but the police won't enforce that law.)

I feel for vets and others with PTSD who find this to be a difficult time of year, too.

Guess I'm not really in the holiday spirit, but if we get through without mishap, I'll be happy with that.

We'll be performing in an ALF for dementia patients.

What a nice thing to do. Good for you. And happy 4th.

We'll be performing in an ALF for dementia patients.

Good on you guys, nice.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I'll be home, trying to keep my dogs from killing themselves. One has an extreme reaction to the noise, and another panics, but is less extreme. We've been working with a vet behaviorist, and the house is well stocked with medications for the dogs.

I'll spend the evening sitting on the floor with the dogs, and hoping for the best. I'm right by one of the official firework displays, so the house shakes and the air is so thick with smoke you can't see through it. And then I have neighbors who like to get drunk and spend lots of money shooting off their own fireworks displays, (which is illegal, but the police won't enforce that law.)

I feel for vets and others with PTSD who find this to be a difficult time of year, too.

Guess I'm not really in the holiday spirit, but if we get through without mishap, I'll be happy with that.

When I lived in the Phoenix area (Surprise to be exact), we had to be careful of idiot firing their guns into the air. What goes up...

Most of these clowns seemed to think that the bullets just disappeared somehow before they fell to earth. Almost always had a story on the news about someone being struck in the head by one of the projectiles and being seriously injured or killed.

Our dogs used to go nuts as well. Had to use mild sedatives to keep calm-ish.

That's great that you'll be performing in the ALF for dementia patients. It's a great thing to do.

Top Bottom