Trade Vintage Martin 1T (1940/50) for More Recent Kamaka Tenor

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am seriously considering trading my Vintage Martin 1-T (1940/50's) with vintage chip board case for a more recent Kamaka Tenor.

The Martin is in very good condition. The face has just a few minor scratches, but there are minor cosmetic issues, scratches and scrapes on some parts of the body, especially the back. But Here's the great things--- no cracks, no repairs, no gaps, no holes, and it plays beautifully. I just installed new (week old) Savarez classical guitar strings on it and it plays fantasticly.

It even has a faded autograph from Jake Shimabukuro on the back. He signed it after playing it. I guess you could say that it has Jake's mojo on it.

My collection is lacking a Kamaka tenor.

3NDL0QXsSz+YDkG+9bIVUQ.jpg3HG6nH3dTIOiyNNLUdksmQ.jpg48ufSDfKR6qIWaDchDXEUg.jpgO9BXNKv8RwyzKfal0cLhYw.jpgO9Wpg4alSjegVa5pQVNpQw.jpg

Here are some more pics: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmERkTHp

I'll be happy to entertain offers but please, no concerts, or sopranos.

Last edited:
Would trade in a heartbeat if I had what you’re looking for! Best of luck.

Would trade in a heartbeat if I had what you’re looking for! Best of luck.
yes,, thanks. I realize the number of people who could make this trade and/or would want to part with a Kamaka is very limited, but you never know. I never thought I would have two vintage Martin tenors and would want to part with one - :)

Top Bottom