Kanile'a K2T Premium Koa Tenor w/Hardshell Case - $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Kanile'a K2T Premium Koa Tenor w/Hardshell Case - $OLD

I have another nice Kanile'a tenor to sell (got to let go of a few before buying one I've had my eye on). This one's a K2T which features their premium grained Koa, lots of flame in these grains. I'm keeping 2 other tenors by Kanile'a, but I'm looking for something with a little different voice. I'm not opposed to a trade, if it's the right trade, but prefer selling outright. This comes in a nice brown hardshell case. It plays and sounds great as you would expect from Kanile'a. It's $OLD plus shipping/insurance. Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0324a.jpg
    IMG_0324a.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
More Pics

More photos

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 61
More Photos

Another batch

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 41
This is a K2T ya'll, premium Koa! Plays like, well a Kanile'a!

Ah, man! Temptation get behind me! That's a very good price for a gorgeous K-2T.

Kanile'a tenor ukes are excellent. I own two. Lovely to look at. Great players. Terrific sound. Very loud when played hard. Very nuanced when played soft.

Best of luck with the sale.

This one is such a beauty.
You don't often see them with this light golden flamed koa - I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention.
A K2-T Premium is now $1600+ plus tax plus extra for the hard case, so solidly 60% of retail.

Last edited:
Lovely little fella you have there, and at an incredible price! I'd bounce on this without hesitation if I didn't already have a K1. In my opinion (and having owned/played a number of makes including 3 of the 4 K's), Kanile'a is the best of the bunch.

best of luck on the sale, and congrats to whomever grabs this.

Lovely little fella you have there, and at an incredible price! I'd bounce on this without hesitation if I didn't already have a K1. In my opinion (and having owned/played a number of makes including 3 of the 4 K's), Kanile'a is the best of the bunch.

best of luck on the sale, and congrats to whomever grabs this.

I agree, when we were on Oahu in Jan, it was the 1st time we got to play the 3 production Big K's, all Koa tenors, side by side. That's the only way to really compare I think. If I leave 1 store after playing a uke and go to another to try a 2nd, there's no way I can really remember the 1st one. My wife played them all too so I could be out in front of them as well. We both agreed, KoAloha had the biggest fullest sound but seemed a little muddy, Kanile'a was close in volume but added cleaness to the sound. Kamaka (which I really wanted to like the best because of it's history) didn't do anything for me. Nice sound for sure but we liked the other 2 way better. I do own a Kamaka, a KoAloha, and couple Kanile'as (and 1 Ko'olau custom) so I am spreading "the love" around. But my Kanile'a Pineapple prototype is the Hawaiian Koa uke I play 80% of the time. Thanks for the comments. This one may be sold shortly...

I agree, when we were on Oahu in Jan, it was the 1st time we got to play the 3 production Big K's, all Koa tenors, side by side. That's the only way to really compare I think. If I leave 1 store after playing a uke and go to another to try a 2nd, there's no way I can really remember the 1st one. My wife played them all too so I could be out in front of them as well. We both agreed, KoAloha had the biggest fullest sound but seemed a little muddy, Kanile'a was close in volume but added cleaness to the sound. Kamaka (which I really wanted to like the best because of it's history) didn't do anything for me. Nice sound for sure but we liked the other 2 way better. I do own a Kamaka, a KoAloha, and couple Kanile'as (and 1 Ko'olau custom) so I am spreading "the love" around. But my Kanile'a Pineapple prototype is the Hawaiian Koa uke I play 80% of the time. Thanks for the comments. This one may be sold shortly...
Can you link to the post you did for your Kaniela purchase.. i remember reading it here but cant find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom