"I'm sure this can easily be restored"

Just a touch of glue should get you up to speed, or you could just consider they are extra sound ports.

Oh yeah... that’ll buff right out!

Scooter

Good grief. 12 people have bid already on a ukulele that has major damage to the front and the back. It has so much damage that, once that thing is rebuilt, it won't be a Martin anymore.

I literally said "Ouch" out loud when I saw the damage to that poor ukulele.

Seems like that would take some major work to fix it. Like, start over and build a new ukulele? But, someone who is knowledgeable about fixing instruments and has fun doing it might still think it's worth it for the fun they'd have, if they got it at the right price.

Just a touch of glue should get you up to speed, or you could just consider they are extra sound ports.

LOL. Yes, if it plays at all, you could call them sound ports.

Like a classic car that is “ready for restoration.”

So... “What have you been doing to get it ready for restoration?”

... I’ve been beating the c#*p out of it for that last 50 years.”

John

Wow. I think they need to give you $255 (current bid at time of writing) towards repairs. :) After repairs of the sides and cracks I wonder how much of the original uke will remain. :)

Good grief. 12 people have bid already on a ukulele that has major damage to the front and the back. It has so much damage that, once that thing is rebuilt, it won't be a Martin anymore.
That right, it is no longer a playable instrument, so the rebuild could make it better.
An inspired hobbies like me could do the job, but I quit acquiring projects a couple of years ago. I have a backlog in the rescue room and 4 ready for action in the lobby.
If one of you got the Tenor, Let us in on what is happening, I'm curious.

Last edited:
I like the fuzzy wood binding on the back.

Top Bottom