FS: Kiwaya KS-5 Soprano w/UPTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPG

Reaction score
I'm selling my Kiwaya KS-5 soprano.

NEW PRICE: $275 plus actual USPS shipping cost (USA only) from the 19104 zip code. Uke Crazy foam case now included. I will cover Paypal fees. Of course, if you're in the Philadelphia area and want to purchase it in person from me in West Philly you can save yourself the shipping cost.

Photos are here :https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z4aPkMsg1m4Lzyzq5

And here I am playing my arrangement of The Blackest Crow (the song associated with Tommy Jarrel not Megadeath) on it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tyHB1cyhmkYLvbrz7

I LOVE this thing and loathe to sell it. If I had to escape the zombie apocalypse and could only take one uke with me this would be it. It looks great, is super light weight, sounds amazing, has a super comfortable spacious neck (for a soprano), 15 useable frets, and is probably tough enough to fend off zombies. However, I impulsively bought a vintage martin concert on Ebay last week, have my eye on a few other ukes, and am rapidly exceeding my self imposed 4 uke limit. I need to free up some cash, stick to my self imposed limit, and avoid succumbing to UAS.

I bought this here on the Marketplace. I think I'm the 3rd owner. It was originally purchased from HMS. It has upgraded Gotoh UPTs, two strap buttons, and a great setup with super low action. You might find the action a little too low if you like to do a lot of fingerpicking and heavy strumming over the fretboard, but it gives super easy buzz free fretting all the way the neck.

This is in excellent condition. I can find one tiny ding on the left side of the body and a few even smaller barely visible marks on the front right side (when facing you) edge if the headstock. I've done my best to photograph them and circled them in red in two of the pics. There is probably a bit of additional play ware, but I cant find anything else specific or photographable.

Thanks for looking.

-Chris

Last edited:
Price bump!!!

$275 plus actual USPS shipping from the 19104 zip code. The uke crazy foam case is still an additional $20.

This would cost over $450 new so this price is close to 65% of new value.

I prefer to ship priority but will ship ground mail too if you want to save some money.

If you are interested PM me your zip code and I can calculate the shipping for you but if you'd like to get an idea of shipping cost on your own packages details are as follows.

Dimensions: 32" x 14" x 8"
Weight: 5lb 7 oz
(plus cost of insurance and required signature. I guess I don't NEED to require a signature but for both our protection I do prefer to)

Thanks!

Chris

Last edited:
What the heck. I'll throw in the case for free. I already have it boxed up anyway and the weight and box dimensions I shared are with the case and I don't really like shipping instruments without a case anyway.

So $275 plus actual USPS shipping from the 19104 zip code. Uke Crazy foam case included.

It's unlikely I'll go any lower than this. I'll give this a little more time here, but will be lowering my Ebay price soon if this doesn't move.

Thanks.

I thought I had this priced pretty well, but I guess depending where your are located it could still be a little higher than some folks want to pay. I don't want to go a whole lot lower, but I want to move this thing so I'm open to reasonable offers.

This is a crazy good bargain. If I had not just grabbed another soprano I would be giving this a really close look.

Andy

This is a crazy good bargain. If I had not just grabbed another soprano I would be giving this a really close look.

Andy

Thanks Andy. I really thought I had it priced well. Might just be a tough time to sell. I've seen some really nice ukes up for sale here recently that haven't been moving. I can't believe no one has grabbed that Koaloha KSM-00c that mingus has posted. That this is priced super well too. If I wasn't already trying to downsize I'd grab that in a heartbeat.

I thought I had this priced pretty well, but I guess depending where your are located it could still be a little higher than some folks want to pay. I don't want to go a whole lot lower, but I want to move this thing so I'm open to reasonable offers.

You have priced it very reasonably. You're practically giving it away. I don't understand why no one has bought it. I'm not, because I bought a Kiwaya Centennial edition soprano. I love my Kiwaya. It's an excellent instrument. So I hope your baby finds a good home.

You have priced it very reasonably. You're practically giving it away. I don't understand why no one has bought it. I'm not, because I bought a Kiwaya Centennial edition soprano. I love my Kiwaya. It's an excellent instrument. So I hope your baby finds a good home.

Thanks! It really is a fantastic instrument. Kiwaya/Famous really know what they are doing. I bet that Centennial is pretty awesome!

Last edited:
It is, as I'm sure yours s too. I see you have a Bruko: I have one too - a Bruko Concert in Zebra Wood.

Yeah. Bruko's are fun unique ukes.

EDIT: Since I engaged in a bit of conversation above just want to note to anyone who is only reading the last post of this thread that this is still available. Asking $275 + shipping. I don't want to go much lower but will consider a reasonable offer.

Last edited:
End of the month bump to top! Someone's got to be interested in this wonderful ukulele. Maybe I should post some better photos? I tried to take some good ones but when I look at them now I realize that the lighting and focus could be a little better. For what it's worth those tiny marks are barely visible, I deliberately caught the light with them when I took the pictures.

I'm open to reasonable offers. Try me. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom