Concert // Tenor // Baritone uke. [suggestions]

degracia

Reaction score
Hey guys, new on board and finally need to step up a level now. I've been playing many different varieties of Sopranos lately (12 frets) and am used to it. I just wanted to know a good place that sells good, reliable priced, ukuleles. Looking for mainly a Concert, but a Tenor/Baritone would be fine. Something that's not 12 frets actually, lol.

Musician's friend has a Rogue Baritone for 29.99 and a Rogue starter pack for same price. Not bad deals, but I need opinions and suggestions on this, and maybe some other good places with good deals. Not looking to spend over 85 though, just starting.

Btw, I've been playing for about 4 years. I never looked into buying a new one and just played a good amount of sopranos that I owned.

^^ That is doope. I'll probably think about it thoroughly but before that, I need to find some reccomendations on the musiciansfriends instruments I mentioned.

makalas are made by kala. a very reputable company when it comes to budget ukuleles that are halfway decent quality. those rogues are basically cheap no-name ukes. theres a good chance you get one thats just total junk. and at that price, i wouldnt be surprised. but every now and then you may come across one thats built right. i believe guting (search for him on youtube) owns a rogue baritone. but he's just so talented, that if you put four pieces of dental floss on a 2x4 and cut a hole in the middle, he could play it. haha.

Hey guys, new on board and finally need to step up a level now. I've been playing many different varieties of Sopranos lately (12 frets) and am used to it. I just wanted to know a good place that sells good, reliable priced, ukuleles. Looking for mainly a Concert, but a Tenor/Baritone would be fine. Something that's not 12 frets actually, lol.

Musician's friend has a Rogue Baritone for 29.99 and a Rogue starter pack for same price. Not bad deals, but I need opinions and suggestions on this, and maybe some other good places with good deals. Not looking to spend over 85 though, just starting.

Btw, I've been playing for about 4 years. I never looked into buying a new one and just played a good amount of sopranos that I owned.

I would suggest a Concert Makala as well.

Don't just buy one of those cheaper Ukuleles made by Mahalo or Baton Rouge or whatever the name is. Most of them have a totally ruined fretboard, where it seems, that the frets have been positioned randomly. That's not very good for the development of your musical ear. Furthermore you won't have much fun with these instruments. They sound awful and keep getting out of tune.

Anyways put some dollars aside for some real strings. They really make a huge difference.

Anything Concert is good imo too.

the cheapies would probably serve you better as a putter. I'd AT LEAST get the Makala, then you've got a good chance of getting a player out of it.

Have fun!

Top Bottom