Vintage Martin Tenor Deal?

Hi Ukecaster,

I came across that post cos I've been looking for a tenor Uke!! Perhaps it is just the photo, but there is an irregular color marking in the corner, like someone colored in scratches with a marker? :confused:

Could be, looks like some strum wear there. If interested, I'd just call the GC location, and have a salesperson send better pics via text, describe the action, and even play it over the phone. With condition listed as fair, I'd expect some dings, scratches and play wear.

Last edited:
The description on the listing says: "pickguard bolted to top,bolts on headstock, missing inlay."

If you zoom in, you can kind of see it. It would be difficult to know without having it in hand, or better up close pics, but both of those things are probably fairly easy/inexpensive for a luthier to fix.

Last edited:
The description on the listing says: "pickguard bolted to top,bolts on headstock, missing inlay."

If you zoom in, you can kind of see it. It would be difficult to know without having it in hand, or better up close pics, but both of those things are probably fairly easy/inexpensive for a luthier to fix.

Oh yeah, sorry I missed that, this one's been around for a while I think. Could still be a good candidate for a rehab, assuming it is structurally sound, but even $650 might be a stretch.

Oh yeah, sorry I missed that, this one's been around for a while I think. Could still be a good candidate for a rehab, assuming it is structurally sound, but even $650 might be a stretch.

If they’ve had it in stock 90+ days you can usually get a discount. But what is the nut width on those old Martin tenors?

Yeah, and if you have a GC near you, the risk is low. All you would be out is shipping cost to you, and you could return it in person to the store.

Yeah, and if you have a GC near you, the risk is low. All you would be out is shipping cost to you, and you could return it in person to the store.

I bought a used Larrivee parlor guitar online from GC. It was shipped from Texas to CT. I returned it to my local GC and they refunded my shipping charges as well.

I bought a used Larrivee parlor guitar online from GC. It was shipped from Texas to CT. I returned it to my local GC and they refunded my shipping charges as well.

I've always had to pay the shipping charges but who knows, maybe they changed their policy (or are just inconsistent). Even better if you don't have to pay shipping, at that point there's basically zero risk.

It's been there a long while.
I think there is deep playwear that has been poorly repaired.

No affiliation, but saw this one on GC, a vintage Martin tenor for $650.00, which seems like a good price. Plus, if it's a dud, just send or bring it back for full refund, minus shipping cost.

It's funny, but "1960s" doesn't seem like vintage. I was a teenager then. :D

From what I've seen, musical instruments 25 and older are considered vintage. Reverb.com says 30 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom