Everyone who was at the show, let's post some pics!

specialmike

Reaction score
Jake Shimabukuro footage in ATL, GA

So that show on Friday, May 29th, was just incredible. Jake is a really down to earth guy and he's really nice. Would have been awesome if I could have had him sign some ukes, but alas, my KoAloha tenor wouldn't be suited for the heat from the sun in my car.

I'll post my pics soon. As for the other guys, if you have videos or anything, I would love to see his show once more, even if it is on youtube :)

But no worries Aldrine, you'll always be my favorite teacher and ukulele player:rock::wallbash: HARDCORE!

see him play

Last edited:
I promised HaoleJohn that I would not race home and post a review...so, I sit here eagerly awaiting him to post.....OMG it was freaking awesome!!! I got some great video of Dragon and the song that I better not mention until haoleJohn posts, man I wish he would hurry I'm dying here..! :)
Did you see me? You shoulda said "Hi", I was the only one with UU shirt that I saw, HaoleJohn was sporting a UU button.

I promised HaoleJohn that I would not race home and post a review...so, I sit here eagerly awaiting him to post.....OMG it was freaking awesome!!! I got some great video of Dragon and the song that I better not mention until haoleJohn posts, man I wish he would hurry I'm dying here..! :)
Did you see me? You shoulda said "Hi", I was the only one with UU shirt that I saw, HaoleJohn was sporting a UU button.

I think I saw you saying bye to Mike from Uke Republic. I was the guy the in the stripped shirt talking to him. I should have said Hi to you, yes, my apologies.

As for racing home? I drove about an and a half hours to get here. So if you guys were racing, I would have lost hardcore.

Some guy asked me if I was Jake's younger brother, LOL. I know he was joking but still, that's pretty neat. :D

Last edited:
No worries... You were down by Mike's car when he was "showing" his ukes in the parking lot? That was funny.."psst, hey man you wanna buy, I mean see, a uke" I'm hoping we can all plan a get together sometime this summer.

4cd797d9f762343835be09692bcb5e4c6g.jpg

No worries... You were down by Mike's car when he was "showing" his ukes in the parking lot? That was funny.."psst, hey man you wanna buy, I mean see, a uke" I'm hoping we can all plan a get together sometime this summer.

agreed, we must

Twas a fantastic show. I met so many nice people and got to see some friends I haint seen in a while.
I was told by a friend that his girlfriend had reservations and felt a uke based concert would be nerdy! When Jakes show was done she told my friend she loved him for taking her to the show. Ahh another convert to ukieness.:bowdown::bowdown:
I went to a blade show the following day and people were not near as cool.Oh and not one person at the blade show bought a ukulele:smileybounce:
I did pick up some nice ebony though.

I neva knew there was a place to post about the show. jake was awesome. I got some great video footage of three songs but i am scared tpo post it. As far as a get together how about sometime around July 20?

I love how you just put a date on there "around July 20th" as if we would question your definite date. haha

but don't be scared to post... DeG won't bite. We may nibble.

Top Bottom