Laughlin Koa Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jddewitt81

Reaction score
I am listing my Laughlin custom Travistone ukulele made for the late Travis Harrelson by Tim Laughlin.

Travis had a nice collection of instruments and became famous in the Ukulele World having been admired in many books for his unique playing styles. Jim Beloff and Gruhn and many others.

His Martin ukulele style 3 he played is in the Arizona Musical Instrument Museum and he actually wore a hole in the top from playing it.

This is what Tim Laughlin had to say when I emailed him about it.

Hi Jon,

That's neat to see again. It's a Koa body and headstock veneer with a mahogany neck made in about '95 or '96. This particular style was commissioned by Travis after I'd made a few simple soprano ukes for him around 1992 or 1993. He had a vision of developing a line of his own models. This one was the first model. Sort of fancy like a 5 style Martin but with no abalone on the back and a simpler fingerboard and headstock inlay pattern. The top of the line model that we made was the "Milestone" (Miles was his middle name). He got a real kick out of the names. I didn't make many of those, probably fewer than half a dozen of each model. They are very rare.

Best and Thanks for the pics,

Tim Laughlin

I am looking to get $700 shipped (Paypal) for it. Only reason for selling is because I have another Laughlin that is from Travis’ estate and I need to prioritize. Hopefully it will go to a good home.

This one shows some strum marks but is in very good condition. Will come with old style hard case that it came in when I purchased it.

Pictures can be seen in my album along with my Laughlin 2m.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/A3SURAtgTW8mkWuf7

I become very attached to the story of some of my ukuleles but it honestly needs to be in the hands of someone who will cherish it. It was a toss up between this and my 2m but I am more of a mahogany person. This will definitely be one that is next to impossible to replace.

Wow it's a beauty. It's the Ukulele that says Travis one which is for sale? Can you post a video or sound link of it being played? Thanks

Yes the one that says Travistone. The one that is all blinged out. I’ll try to get a sound sample added to the folder. I must warn you my taste in ukuleles far exceeds my playing ability. Ha.

Phenomenal deal on a gorgeous Laughlin. I bet it won't last more than a day or so!

Video has been added to the album.. now try to imagine what it sounds like with someone good playing it haha.

I hope this ukulele lands in the lap of someone who appreciates just how special the history is.
It's a custom Laughlin made for a guy who was at one time considered one of the best players in the world.

Unfortunately there's very few recordings of Travis playing.
He passed 10+ years ago.

Last edited:
What a beautiful instrument. Someone is going to be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom