Playing ukulele accompaniment for piano

jnicholes

Reaction score
Hello,

So, I learned something interesting today. I decided to put one of the songs I play on a midi format. What I mean is I took the notes and turn them into a midi on a computer. Then, I added ukulele chords. I added the chords in the way that I would normally play ukulele.

To my surprise, they ukulele chords drowned out the melody of the piano. Then, I remember what a guy here told me once. He told me that if I play accompaniment for piano, I have to be careful, otherwise I would drown out the piano. So, thinking about this, I took out all the chords except for when there was a note in the left-hand on the piano and where there was a chord symbol. It worked perfectly. The piano still had a part you could hear, and the ukulele accompaniment made it prettier.

Worked like a charm. I'm going to try accompanying a piano with that song sometime in real life, not on a midi.

So in a nutshell, the way I play normally is when I play a ukulele solo. I have to adapt it if I'm going to play accompaniment so you can still hear the piano!

Jared

Top Bottom