Pro Arte Strings

specialmike

Reaction score
So I bought these pro arte strings from a store and when I opened the package, I was perplexed at what was inside.

You know those smaller envelopes the strings are singularly packed in? They say "Classical Guitar". They are still labeled as pro arte strings, but they aren't ukulele concert size or anything. Instead, I have .. uh E,G,E,B. so instead of have GCEA, I have those ... little envelopes. The strings are the same diameter and everything, but the tension applied to the strings are vastly different. For example,the A string should be 9.1 lbs, but the lowest I have here is 11.6 lbs , or the B string. I'm totally confused. Is this a bad batch? Or are they normally labeled like this?

I bought them from a store in Atlanta, so if I want to go and swap them, I'll have to drive down there again! Store: Earthshaking music

bro don't return them. That's what they are. they are really guitar strings. if you got the concert size, these are the equivalent strings for each. each little individual envelope should be labeled.

J4501 E-1st = G
J4503 G-3rd = C
J4502 B-2nd = E
J4501 E-1st = A

Hope this helps. If they were for a tenor, I can't help you there bro, maybe one of the mods can help you with that. :shaka:

bro don't return them. That's what they are. they are really guitar strings. if you got the concert size, these are the equivalent strings for each. each little individual envelope should be labeled.

J4501 E-1st = G
J4503 G-3rd = C
J4502 B-2nd = E
J4501 E-1st = A

Hope this helps. If they were for a tenor, I can't help you there bro, maybe one of the mods can help you with that. :shaka:

thanks, but I took them and measured them against my tenor, and they'll fit. Any idea how it may sound?

I was confused when I got my pro Arte's, You would think they would get around to labelling them properly for Ukulele, It's not as if they are a small company.

We created this insert for the pro-artes we sell because we knew it was confusing. if you order from us you get the insert

The back of the Pro-Arte strings pack has the legend. The only thing that might get confusing if you didn't have the legend is which string is the G and which is A since they're both the same diameter, but different tensions.

As for the sound, I have them on my KoAloha and they'll be my go-to strings. I want to give the Svarez strings a shot, and maybe even play with the D'Addario Titanium Trebles, but these Pro-Artes work just fine for me. The uke sings and there is great isolation of highs and lows. You won't be diappointed.

We created this insert for the pro-artes we sell because we knew it was confusing. if you order from us you get the insert

What about if we've already got the strings! any chance of posting the insert? I think it could be helpfull for all of us who have bought them from places other than UU.

What about if we've already got the strings! any chance of posting the insert? I think it could be helpfull for all of us who have bought them from places other than UU.
If you look at the legend on the backside, it provides you with string diameters in inches and mm. The string diameters are also printed on the top right and left corner of each individual string packet. Not too difficult to figure out once you match that with the legend.

I'm very excited to try these out.. I have aquila nylguts on my tenor right now and I'm looking for a warmer tone.

How come no mo' soprano strings in the store?

Top Bottom