Ukulele Magazine story

Nickie

Reaction score
Just opened my copy of the summer edition of Ukulele Magazine.
I've been a Bluegrass Music fan for over 40 years and didn't know this...
Peter Rowan, Bluegrass musician on the par of the likes of Bill Monroe, started learning to play music on the ukulele!
What a neat story.

I haven't read the article yet, but that one caught my eye, too.

Pete Rowan is a great American singer, songwriter, musician and troubadour. I was delighted to see him featured in the article by Jim D'Ville! He wrote 'Panama Red' for gosh sakes (Pete, not Jim that is)! :cool:

I haven't read the article yet, but that one caught my eye, too.

Yeah, me too.
I didn't know that he started with the uke.
While on the lookout for new songs, I thought including some of his songs (from Old and in the Way):
In the Land of the Navajo, Panama Red, ...
I already have lyrics and chords for Midnight Moonlight

Very interesting. To add other people to this revelation, Meghan Trainor wrote "All About That Bass" on her ukulele, as she does for many songs. Brian May of Queen learned to play a stringed instrument with his father's George Formby bajolele.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Top Bottom