KoAloha Moloka'i trip

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
hey guys and gals,

heres something i thought id share. this is Alan Okami's blog entries about our trip to moloka'i. http://kaleookalihi.honadvblogs.com/ you gotta scroll down towards the bottom to start at the beginning of the trip. enjoy. (btw, thats me hanging off the front of the boat while we were moving)

What a wonderful thing your boss does for the kids of Molokai'i. Alan Okami has a heart of gold. Tell him my next uke will be from KoAloha! It would be a privilege to help support this program in my own small way.
All the photos of the food made my mouth water, especially the opihi. Used to be able to get opihi like that on O'ahu. I've never been to Molokai'i. A high school friend now lives there and I will visit him one day. Looks like you all had a blast. If Alan needs volunteers for his next trip I'm ready and willing!!!​
:music:

Last edited:
Wanna trade jobs? Driving around Queens in a battered Mountaineer with broken suspension is a hoot, I swear.

What a wonderful thing your boss does for the kids of Molokai'i. Alan Okami has a heart of gold. Tell him my next uke will be from KoAloha! It would be a privilege to help support this program in my own small way.
All the photos of the food made my mouth water, especially the opihi. Used to be able to get opihi like that on O'ahu. I've never been to Molokai'i. A high school friend now lives there and I will visit him one day. Looks like you all had a blast. If Alan needs volunteers for his next trip I'm ready and willing!!!​
:music:

Trust me, there aint no more opihi like that on o'ahu. There had to be more opihi on that island than on all of o'ahu. even the ones we were leaving behind were ones you would never leave on o'ahu. Soooooooo good.

WOW, Where do I sign up? Local woodworker with 30+ years experience, currently unemployed due to industrial injury, and disability. :D :shaka:

PS. Opihi Picker Extraordinaire 40 years experiance. ;)

Top Bottom