Ukulele made out of books?

I'd come across his art before, in one of those endless Google-searching sessions. Very unusual. I'm not sure I'd buy one, even if I had the money. I'm not big on cutting books up for any purpose. They're almost sacred to me...​

I'd come across his art before, in one of those endless Google-searching sessions. Very unusual. I'm not sure I'd buy one, even if I had the money. I'm not big on cutting books up for any purpose. They're almost sacred to me...​

same. seeing as my avatar is a book character, yeah Im not sure i would invest in that either. I wonder how it would sound.hopefully it would read the lost pages back to you every time you strummed a chord progression. :D dream ukulele right there.

Before you guys protest too much, check out the art of Brian Dettmer:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/briandettmer/

3300673379_33215645b5_o.jpg

I think it depends on what type of book it is. If it is an antique and one that cannot be replaced, then I dont think it should be used even for art. But seeso, i loved that picture lol. Im kind of torn between my love for books, my love for ukes, and my love for art. But I think ive come to a conclusion, ukes are a form of art to me, so combining art, uke, and books, is a good idea. :D

I saw his ukuleles at an exhibit in Minneapolis this winter. They are extremely creative and were stored behind glass. You won't play them and actually they were really cool to look at. Or maybe it's just that ukulele players think they're cool to see.

ooo no you don't cut up books, never ever cut up books. Pass it along to a friend, donate it, but never cut it up. Makes me cringe :(

Yes! Hope it wasn't history books :D

If you ever want to do something that involves cutting up books you should talk to your local library. Most libraries are constantly getting new material but don't have the physical space to keep everything. When a library has to move out old material to make room for new they will usually do one of three things: sell, donate or recycle. It is the job of librarians to decide what should happen to each item. So what I am saying is- ask for books that would otherwise be shred and recycled. Gives the book a second life and you don't have to feel guilty about cutting it to bits. I often use old kids picture books for wrapping paper.

Um, isn't he also cutting up ukes?

I disagree. Books are bad.

fahrenheit451-3.jpg

I dunno, someone sent me an Ann Coulter book as a joke and I'd be happy to have it defaced and made into a (probably possessed) ukulele.

I dunno, someone sent me an Ann Coulter book as a joke and I'd be happy to have it defaced and made into a (probably possessed) ukulele.

You have something against horse-faced women? :D

im gonna go to my library now. just to see if they have any extra books.

Top Bottom