ZT Ukuleles

Griole

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience or feedback on these ukes designed by Zachary Taylor? I am intrigued by them, and thinking of pulling the trigger, but I'd probably have to sell one of my higher end ukes before I could justify taking the plunge. Thanks.

Jerry

Thanks, John boy! I have read both reviews by Baz, and they are what got me itching for one. Quite an innovative approach by Zachary Taylor!

Is there a US distributor yet? Or will you have to import directly from the company? At the time of Baz' review of the tenor no one in the US was carrying them.

I like the look, I like the sound. Seems meticulously designed and well thought out. Stylish too.

I wondered about distributors too. Based on their website (just checked it), you can still only buy them directly from the company.

I have a ZT, spruce top and rosewood body, that I acquired when Zachary Taylor was clearing out his closet. It is exquisitely constructed and a dream to play. It has a Fishman pickup and is the best sounding electro I have. Compared to my other quality uke, Martin T1k, it is different but not better. That may be strings, as the ZT is strung low G. I don't have much experience with classy ukes so don't have more to say.

Hi Griole, My name is Jason and I manage ZT Ukuleles along with, of course, Zachary. We have only just registered an account here on the forum so I am catching up on questions like yours. If you would you like to let me know what questions you have here in the forum, fire away!

Please do let me know if you'd like to know anything.

All the best,

Jason

Is there a US distributor yet? Or will you have to import directly from the company? At the time of Baz' review of the tenor no one in the US was carrying them.

I like the look, I like the sound. Seems meticulously designed and well thought out. Stylish too.

====

Hi There Kenn2018. We don't have distributors because every ZT Ukulele is made to order, custom built for the customer. Very occasionally we have a Ukulele in stock which we have built as demos for exhibitions, shows etc....

We will have a couple coming in actually, possibly a Soprano or Tenor, but won't be for a couple of months. If you want me to add you to the list of people to reach out to when we have 'stock items', please let me know.

I wondered about distributors too. Based on their website (just checked it), you can still only buy them directly from the company.

That's correct - as we build every ukulele to order, we don't have distributors. That said we occasionally have stock items. Any questions, or if you want me to add you to our 'stock items' notification list drop me a line.

Jason

Hi, Jason. Welcome! I sent you a private message. Please check it out, and send a reply. Thanks!

Jerry

Hi Jason, thanks for joining and responding. I guess CITES protected woods would be my next question. Do you have models that don't have those woods?

Or, do you have anything in place to be able to ship to the US for customs?

Hi Kenn2018 - None of our optional woods are listed on Cites. Most of our customers are based in the US and have had no issues receiving our Ukuleles.

Hi Jason, thanks for joining and responding. I guess CITES protected woods would be my next question. Do you have models that don't have those woods?

Or, do you have anything in place to be able to ship to the US for customs?

I have a ZT, spruce top and rosewood body, that I acquired when Zachary Taylor was clearing out his closet. It is exquisitely constructed and a dream to play. It has a Fishman pickup and is the best sounding electro I have. Compared to my other quality uke, Martin T1k, it is different but not better. That may be strings, as the ZT is strung low G. I don't have much experience with classy ukes so don't have more to say.

Lovely to hear that you you are enjoying one of Zachary's Ukes....and we now build many more, all customised and have some special releases coming out soon too!

Top Bottom