Want a Fluke? : )

Did the same in the river estuaries where i grew up. Every fish I caught was a fluke :D

Flukes and flounders look very similar, but the fluke has a much bigger mouth, so you use a bigger hook.

Did quite a lot of floundering in NZ we used a spear and a light. Lovely eating fish.

That's a good price for a tenor, $120 off list. I got a concert with a wooden fretboard for $189, and that was unusual.

I believe it is a repaired instrument.

But it's already sold.

I believe it is a repaired instrument.

But it's already sold.

I believe he said it was consigned and he did a light set up. Either way, a good deal.

Funny.... I grew up on the city side of those bridges... Throggs Neck (The Bronx) and would fish between the Whitestone and Throggs Neck Bridges. We were lucky to catch flounders and flukes. Unfortunately most of the time just eels.... that would eat my bait...

Funny.... I grew up on the city side of those bridges... Throggs Neck (The Bronx) and would fish between the Whitestone and Throggs Neck Bridges. We were lucky to catch flounders and flukes. Unfortunately most of the time just eels.... that would eat my bait...

When I was 16, I had a driver's license, but I wasn't allowed to drive in NYC or at night. Somehow, I got on the Cross Island Parkway and onto the brand new Throgs Neck Bridge - driving illegally. I was glad when I paid the $0.25 toll and turned around and got back into Nassau County. Now the toll is $9.50, and the discounted EZPass toll is $6.12. It looks like they raise it every two years. They collect almost $1 million a day on that bridge alone.

Up here in CT, we call them fluke, or “summer flounder” and the others are “winter flounder”
I like fishing for fluke more than flounder, because you drift along in the boat when fishing for fluke, and they will hit jigs bounced on the bottom as you drift. The winter flounder, you anchor up and start chumming the water to bring them to you... which is too boring for me :rolleyes:

Biggest fluke I’ve ever seen was caught by a guy that had his little boy with him fishing a jetty in Rhode Island. The boy had a little goldfish lure and one of those cheap little Mickey Mouse or Willy the Whale push button rod and reel combos. The boy cast the lure, and got a massive tangle in his reel. The father spent the next 10 minutes fixing the reel, then starts to reel in the lure and the lines goes tight. 15 minutes later he finally landed this huge “barn door” fluke, helped by another fisherman who had a gaff.

I had some cousins that lived just on the other side of the Whitestone. I grew up in Stamford.

Top Bottom