Bought a new Uke --- Mim is the best!!

Swiftsailor98

Reaction score
I watched Mim's inventory for a while and I finally pulled the trigger on a Martin C1K. Shipping today... NUD to follow.

But separate from the uke, I want to brag on Mim. Her customer service and responsiveness is so far above and beyond all my previous experiences. She will be my first choice for any future ukulele purchases.

I selected my C1K and bought it through her Reverb-powered site. Now, for context this is Sunday afternoon in the U.S. After the purchase I sent a message through Reverb's 'message the seller' to request accessories and setup specifics. She replied within three hours and apologized for the 'delay' because she was off teaching kids at a local music festival. How incredible is that? In previous experiences with contact requests from other sellers, I wouldn't have heard anything until at least Monday morning.

Bottom line: I can confirm that the Ukulele Magazine article and the podcast acclaim is all true. Mim is as impressive as she sounds.

Congrats on your C1K and hope you post a NUD soon! Btw, I’m a fan of the C1K and mine is in low G tuning now.

I was glad to see that Martin finally worked out a solution with Mim. It's a bit of a unique situation...Martin usually requires a store to carry guitars to be a dealer. Kind of silly on Martin's part as there are so few ukulele-only dealers out there.

Congrats on your new Martin, I hope you show it to us.
I know Mim kinda personally, cause I have purchased from her 4 times, and chatted with her at TBUG several times. I was her 1st contact with TBUS.
She is one of the coolest people alive, and never meets a stranger. She truly wants everybody to have the uke that they think is the best uke in the world.
The other day, at the end of our Ukulele Kids Kamp, one student came up to me, returned her loaner, and asked where to buy an ukulele. I took a card and wrote Mims Ukes on the back of it for her.

Congrats on your C1K. Never met Mim but she is totally dedicated to the uke!

Petey

+1 for Mim!
I have bought numerous ukes from her over the years. Always a first rate experience, it’s a delight to communicate, about just about anything, with Mim!

Mim is great. Five years ago she recommended a Kala solid cedar top, acacia body that is my go to gig uke. I met her shortly after at NAMM in Anaheim, cool as can be.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

She's a great uke dealer, plus she does animal rescue. Bonus points with me. I can't wait to meet her in person at TBUG in November.

She's a great uke dealer, plus she does animal rescue. Bonus points with me.

I agree!!!!

Two of my favorite things - ukuleles and animals.

I agree!!!!

Two of my favorite things - ukuleles and animals.

Oh Tobydog! I had to disappoint you this week! Your uke was out of stock and only an ugly duckling was left. I will order more in when I get back from Europe.

Just read the whole thread. Thank you!
I am not perfect.
Sometimes emails get behind.
But I love the ukulele and the people to bits!

And puppies... I like them too!

Awhile back I was set to buy a Kala solid acacia baritone, which were exceedingly hard to find. Mim had one left and I was primed to drop about $400ish, but as she was setting it up she found a problem buzz that even she couldn't work out. Rather than making a quick payday, blaming it on humidity differences, or telling me that it will "just play out over time" (yes, I've had uke dealers try to tell me this), Mim hit the brakes and let me know why she couldn't sell me the ukulele. I ended up buying it from Elderly, as they were few and far between, but I will sing Mim's praises till the end of time! I highly recommend her for her integrity, in addition to all the other reasons listed above.

Top Bottom