No baritone ukes at Mims?

Catapaw

Reaction score
I don't see baritone ukes listed at Mims websites. What is happening?

Thanks. Where is another good site for baritone ukes with set-ups?

I don't doubt Jim at all...he's a great resource here on the UU Forums, but at a time when Baritone is really gaining traction in sales, I'd be shocked if Mim was phasing out Baritones!

I'm doubting Jim on this one. All I could find is this post: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...69-HMS-and-Uke-Republic&p=2127670#post2127670
but that doesn't sound like what I was (mis?)remembering.

If you want an Ohana baritone, definitely contact her directly and get the scoop

Funny that you mention Elderly Jim,...…………….I just bought a Bari from them today.
I also second that Mainland is a good source.

OOh, lets see pics!
You know mmstan wouldn't let it slide!

Great service and set-ups? Here are the best I've dealt with........

Hawaii Music Supply
Uke Republic
Mim's*
Elderly
Mainland

Unfortunately, Mim is no longer stocking many baritones, except for higher-end customs. She is a perfectionist, and really does GREAT set-ups. But she has her reasons for the decision regarding baritones. I support and trust her. Not for me to speak for her, though.

Because the baritone is not really a ukulele?

(sorry, couldn't resist! ;) )

If you are not against vintage instruments, there are used Favillas out there which can often be had for a good price. They are really nice instruments.

Last edited:
OOh, lets see pics!
You know mmstan wouldn't let it slide!

It's just a real fixit upper......Kala KA SBG Bari with solid spruce top. Needs work, but I enjoy repairing them. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

Your right about mmstan Nickie. He wouldn't let it slide...……….but sometimes he's so covert you wouldn't know he was there!

Last edited:
I also remember seeing somewhere that she phased out the baritones because they gave her the most trouble. But I can't find that post either...

Edit: I found one mention where she stated she was going to phase out the baritones. This is one of the last ones she sold [prior to the MP ones that she recently got]: https://www.mimsukes.com/listing/mi...cacia-gloss-setup-ukulele-w-case-894/20030744

That's a beauty. It looks just like their cedar-top slotted-headstock tenor.

Top Bottom