KanzaKruzer

Reaction score
SOLD: Pono Deluxe Acacia UL Nylon Baritone ULN4-1

View attachment 120102
IMG_1658 (002).jpg
IMG_1667 (003).jpg
IMG_1661 (002).jpg
IMG_1665 (003).jpg

I purchased this Pono Deluxe Acacia UL Nylon Baritone ULN4-1 new from The Ukulele Site. It was delivered on May 7, 2019, just a few weeks ago. This is my first ukulele and while I love it, I realize a Tenor will better suit my needs. This ULN4-1 is strung with Seaguar Blue Line (great sound!) per the following:
https://typelink.net/wolfewithane/Baritone+Contrentrant+Tuning

I seem to be limited to 5 images. I will add more photos if someone can suggest how to do that.

I am asking SOLD and will absorb shipping and PayPal fees. Sale and shipping to CONUS only. I paid $728 w/strap pins installed and standard setup at HMS. If you are located in Kansas City I will deliver to your door. I have a shipping box but it is not the original. Everything else is included, i.e. hard case, humidifier, etc., as well as a C, E and A Living Water strings for baritone if you want a more traditional tuning.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-deluxe-acacia-ul-nylon-baritone-ul4n-1.html

Ko’olau” and “Pono” are registered trademarks of the Ko’olau Guitar and ‘Ukulele Company

Q – You have various large size ukuleles, sometimes named BN and UL. and sometimes you call them Tenor Guitars. What are the models and descriptions?

A –During the past few years we have introduced new Pono ukulele models. One in particular that has become popular is our BN (Baritone Nui), now BN4. Nui in Hawaiian is defined as a “big.” and a smaller version is our UL4. The BN has a 13 5/8″ body width, and the UL is 11 1//4″ wide.

Our design originated from our love of what was once the popular Tenor Guitar. About 100 years ago various manufacturers came up with a four string, steel string guitar, somewhat replicating a four string banjo (and often tuned CGDA as a tenor banjo). It was a popular jazz instrument. Eventually, after the folk scene of the 1950’s and 1960’s the Tenor Guitar became history. In Hawaii a few musicians still played a Tenor Guitar, but often changed the strings to nylon. Of course the bracing was not designed for nylon strings, and the neck was too narrow. So a few years ago we re-designed everything, and now have two “tenor guitar” sizes. BN and UL. BN models are all nylon, and UL models are available either as nylon or steel.

Our BN4 is tuned as a standard Baritone Ukulele, but due to a body width of 13 5/8” it’s tone and volume is big, bold, and impressive. Our design accommodates nylon strings, including classical style bracing, a slightly wider neck, and a radiused fingerboard. And because of the uncommon dimensions of these instruments, they all include a hardshell case.

BN Models, Nylon String:
BN4-1 all acacia, slotted headstock, rosette, no binding, gloss finish.
BN4-2 all mahogany, solid headstock, rosette, no binding., gloss finish.

UL Models, Nylon String:
ULN4-1 all acacia, solid headstock, rosette, no binding, gloss finish.
ULN4-2 all mahogany, solid headstock, rosette, no binding, gloss finish.

David

Attachments

• IMG_1656 (002).jpg
    IMG_1656 (002).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
You can reply to your posting and add additional photos.

Oh man, that's a pretty one! I know my Pono Acacia Tenor Deluxe rings like a bell. This lovely Baritone should sell quickly!

Oh man, that's a pretty one! I know my Pono Acacia Tenor Deluxe rings like a bell. This lovely Baritone should sell quickly!

Thanks! I’d love to keep it but I can’t justify more than 2 Uke’s, my Outdoor Ukulele that I can take anywhere and and a nice wood one for quality sound. The Pono fit the bill for quality sound, but I need to keep to one size since I am just learning to play, and Outdoor Ukulele does not offer baritone.

Top Bottom