Just ordered a Moon Bird UC200

Kibes37

Reaction score
I was beyond content with my current uke family. For whatever reason, the Moon Bird just had to be attained. Love the build quality I’ve read about, plus the brightness with the depth of the bass. Also, the width of the nut is perfect. UAS is definitely indefinitely dead...

I know “UAS is definitely indefinitely dead” is the same song. I was already (and rightly so) called out on my Clara NUD thread for not being done chasing dream Ukes. The thing is I wasn’t possessed by this uke like I have been with previous ones. I truly was content, I was just fortunate enough to come into some disposable income. Otherwise, I was staying put with my current friends.

Anyway, I’m just feeling blessed and highly favored and wanted to share with the only humans I know who understand the joy.

Seriously though... I’m done now ;)

Congratulations! I've heard nothing but great things about the Moon Bird.

Did you go for the pickup?

Thank you. I actually opted for no pickup. After getting one in my Clara, I realized for me, the acoustic uke sound was what I wanted mostly. I’m going to invest in a nice mic soon, so the lack of pickup isn’t so bad if I want a decent recording from bare ukes. Plus I have the Clara option... But only low G.

Enjoy your incoming Moon Bird! They're very well made, with good intonation all the way up the neck, (important to me), and a fun ukulele.
I have Living Water strings on mine, and really like it with those strings.

I bet you'll love it. My Moon Bird concert is my absolute favorite uke. Every time I play my ukes in the evening I start with something else but inevitably pull out the Moon Bird concert. For me, it is the perfect cominatin of size, nut width, neck thickness, tone, and string tension. One day I might spring for a Soprano too.... If I could only keep one uke, the Moon Bird concert would be it.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the congrats, shared experience and string tips. I will have Living Water strings waiting. Although, I’m gonna give the Black Water strings at least a month.

I still have the Black Water strings on mine. They sound good to me, so no change yet. If & when I do, it will be to Living Waters.

Top Bottom