Cat-uh-lay-lee

Kmetzger

Reaction score
No idea why, but one of my cats loves sitting in my ukulele case. See photo below. (Click to make it larger). I open the case and take out my Moore Bettah, and my cat almost immediately takes its place. And he will stay in it until I kick him out to put the ukulele away. He fits prrrrrfectly (with the lid open, that is).

Anyone else out there have a cat doing this? I mean: is it a cat thing?

cat-uh-lay-lee.jpg

I won't allow my cats near one of my beaters...…..and certainly not my MBU. Other than that, they are basically the boss of the house.

Last edited:
"If I fits, I sits"

I think cats just like containers. Some like boxes, some like bags....I guess yours just likes uke cases.

My question is does your cat let you kick him out of his cozy fur-lined bed? Or does he try to get back in as you're putting the uke away? :D

Xander looks a little cramped in that case - have you thought of taking up the baritone?

John Colter.

So long as the cat doesn't use your case for that other "cat box" purpose!

Hudson in uke case.jpg

Yep, it's definitely a thing.

Cosmo thinks a cardboard box is great. A box lined with soft material is better. A box lined with soft material that is normally kept closed so he can't get into it is even more better! He has been of this opinion since early kittenhood.
uke inspector.jpg

My question is does your cat let you kick him out of his cozy fur-lined bed? Or does he try to get back in as you're putting the uke away? :D

He does scram when prompted. And he fortunately somehow knows not to mess with a Moore Bettah, though I keep a watchful eye.

Cosmo thinks a cardboard box is great. A box lined with soft material is better. A box lined with soft material that is normally kept closed so he can't get into it is even more better! He has been of this opinion since early kittenhood.
View attachment 120241

Cosmo looks great in that case. I think there’s a color coordination thing with the cases that isn’t the case with boxes.

Perhaps all custom Ukuleles should come with a case *and* color coordinated cat.

Goofball on uke case.jpg

Being on it was good enough for my late furry, Goofball.

Top Bottom