performing "Hello Goodbye" at my granddaughter's preschool

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
I don't usually do live performances, but when my granddaughter's preschool teacher asked me if I could play the ukulele at their special "Hawaii" event, I simply couldn't refuse. My granddaughter goes to a bilingual preschool here in Japan, and they had been learning the Beatles' song, "Hello Goodbye," so that was the first song I did. You can hear the kids singing along. This was fun!

As I said to this on YT earlier today John, this is BRILLIANT with a capital B !
If only ALL ‘audiences’ were as cooperative and enthusiastic as these youngsters were!
A great job mate. The kids obviously loved it - as did I. It put a huge grin on my face at what is proving to be a difficult time for me. Keep ‘em coming buddy - you do a great job entertaining us all. X

Thanks, Bill! Thanks, Dave! It was a fun experience and I hope some of the children become interested in playing the ukulele. :)

Thanks, Brenda! Thanks, apdsqueaky! The teacher asked me my name before I started and I replied, "Lulu's Grampa," so they at least know I'm a grampa! My storybook video was more for my college students. Not quite the same audience response, but we did have a nice discussion afterwards about "what happens next" when we die! :)

I'll be honest - I was a little surprised at the number of people singing along - especially the kids! The Beatles really do transcend time and distance.

I'll be honest - I was a little surprised at the number of people singing along - especially the kids! The Beatles really do transcend time and distance.

It's great to know that Beatles music will continue to be appreciated with this young generation!

Hey, Lulu’s grandpa! For those of us relative newbies who are unaware, fill us in on this video storybook of yours? Is it something we can view and enjoy anywhere’s? lol x

Hey, Lulu’s grandpa! For those of us relative newbies who are unaware, fill us in on this video storybook of yours? Is it something we can view and enjoy anywhere’s? lol x

It's a book written and illustrated by a Japanese guy. Loved the book and wanted to make a video about it. I play the ukulele in the background, but it's mainly a reading of the book.

It's a book written and illustrated by a Japanese guy. Loved the book and wanted to make a video about it. I play the ukulele in the background, but it's mainly a reading of the book.

A great idea and well implemented young John. You really ARE a man of many talents!!

Thanks, Dave! I'm glad you liked the story book!

Thanks, warndt! I really appreciate it! Have a great week! :)

Grandpa John,
Really nice performance leading Lulu and her classmates. Really nice narration and playing for the book video as well.
Thanks for sharing.
Mahalo and aloha.

Mahalo, luv2uke! Thanks for checking out both videos! :)

Double thanks, Joseph! Have a great week! :)

Top Bottom