NUD: Epiphone Hummingbird tenor...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
Been looking for a good low G instrument for years and really haven't had much luck. I'm pretty much a high G guy, but some old rock and country tunes sound good with low G. So, I saw this online and thought it looked cool, so when I sold my EM Ubass, I pulled the trigger. It has a pickup, which was also an added incentive. Put some Living Water low G strings on it today and it sounds ok. the top is really thick, plus there seems to be added reinforcement around the soundhole plus the little "pickguard" makes it not real resonant. Mainly got it for the pickup, it sounds decent plugged in. I also never cared for the tenor size, but, oh well, the songs I intend to play on this are usually pretty straight forward.

Hummingbird.jpg

The only amp I have is my Orange Crush bass 25, it works, I guess, but I wonder if an acoustic guitar amp would be a lot better? I probably won't use it for performing, for that I can plug into the club sound system. Just something to practice with and would sound decent. There's a Blackstar 10 v2 on craigs, that might be a good choice?

I havent bonded with mine yet, I find the neck profile a bit deep. Theyre certainly a looker, I havent tried the pickup yet as I'm mainly acoustic, and it is a little restrained..

Congrats!
I can't get over how much it looks just like the Gibson hummingbird guitar.

Thoughts on amps? Is the bass amp sound a lot different than a regular acoustic amp for ukulele?

Thoughts on amps? Is the bass amp sound a lot different than a regular acoustic amp for ukulele?

Any reputable acoustic guitar amp is ideal, obviously as one would be designed for instruments like ukulele.

Bass amps can handle ukulele and guitar just fine, but there might be a bit more emphasis on the low-end than treble on such amps.

Some electric guitars are designed to be versatile, and can handle ukulele too.

Top Bottom