Experiences with super concerts

pix.fairydust

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if / how the sound on a super concert is different to a regular concert? I've always stayed away from the "super"s and don't really know why...

What are people's experiences? Do you particularly like / dislike a super concert. Sound and looks wise. If so, why?
If you had a choice, would you go for a concert or super concert?

Thanks in advance for any feedback :) I'm generally a tenor girl, hence I got to thinking about super concerts.

Last edited:
I like them. The strings are a little tighter and my playing is generally faster because of it, but the tone isn’t as deep. I’m especially a fan of KoAloha’s supers.

Once I'd got an Ohana solid mahogany L/N concert, the rest was history, it's what I'd been looking for all along, so much so, that I went & bought a KoAloha Opio solid acacia L/N concert, & my UAS stopped. :D

I've had all the sizes, except sopranino, regularly play tenor scale ukes nowadays, but only have one true tenor uke.

There is just something about a L/N that really appeals to me. :)

If you like the jangle sound of a concert then a a super should work for you. More finger room and the option to play further up the fret board. If you find that the tenor neck string tension is too much, you can always string it with concert length strings. This will reduce the tension. Another option is a 16" scale concert.....1 inch less than the 17" tenor, but one inch more than the typical 15" scale concert. Probably my favorite scale ukulele. The 2 that I have are both customs, and the only non-custom (I guess it's actually a semi-custom) that I know of is the Kamaka Ohta-san. There is one for sale on the Forum right now. Others around here may know of different makes.

Top Bottom