Ratio Tuners at HMS

Thanks, I will do up order and finally get some mailed to me from HMS! Look like great tuners for price. I serve adopted them on a few ukes. I still think if they adjust the base plate screw to fit Grover spacing a lot more would be jumping on band wagon. I’m going to try a set.

Thanks, I will do up order and finally get some mailed to me from HMS! Look like great tuners for price. I serve adopted them on a few ukes. I still think if they adjust the base plate screw to fit Grover spacing a lot more would be jumping on band wagon. I’m going to try a set.

Let us know how much they charge for shipping and the shipping time. Pohaku Ukulele ships for free, and I receive them in about three days, for $29.99.

I think Ration was aiming for small and light. If they made them larger, how large should they be? Tuner holes are not all the same distance apart. The best use for these tuners is on ukes with direct tuning pegs.

HMS has a shipping estimate field so you can drop them in your cart and get a shipping estimate before going through the checkout. I really wish more sites would do that!

I'm showing about $5 for USPS First-class for one or two sets. That option's not available with more. Here's the full list for one:

FedEx
  • 2 Day - $16.80
  • Priority Overnight - $19.66
UPS
  • UPS Second Day Air - $17.87
USPS
  • First-Class Package Service - Retail - $4.81
  • Priority Mail 3-Day - $9.30

HMS has a shipping estimate field so you can drop them in your cart and get a shipping estimate before going through the checkout. I really wish more sites would do that!

I'm showing about $5 for USPS First-class for one or two sets. That option's not available with more. Here's the full list for one:

FedEx
  • 2 Day - $16.80
  • Priority Overnight - $19.66
UPS
  • UPS Second Day Air - $17.87
USPS
  • First-Class Package Service - Retail - $4.81
  • Priority Mail 3-Day - $9.30

That's little, if any, savings over Pohaku Ukulele.

I live in Canada, so I have to pay freight either way. I send HMS an email for estimate. I get Strings all the time from Strings by Mail and they ar about $5 for three sets of strings to Canada.

That's little, if any, savings over Pohaku Ukulele.

Well yeah, we’re in business Jerry. You freely enjoy our videos from time to time right? You don’t want us to be gone perhaps? Well, we have payroll and rent like everyone else. And there’s no reason to root against us. We love you and everyone else in the ukulele community.

Well yeah, we’re in business Jerry. You freely enjoy our videos from time to time right? You don’t want us to be gone perhaps? Well, we have payroll and rent like everyone else. And there’s no reason to root against us. We love you and everyone else in the ukulele community.

HMS/UkeSite is an important part of the ukulele community for me. I visit their site daily, watch and listen to their videos and demos, and consider them my number one site to purchase ukuleles. I visited their two stores in May and loved the experience. So there are many of us that do root and spend our dollars to support your business as you support the community.

+1000% Rainbow 21. HMS are very important. They do more than just sell. I get all my stuff there. I’ve visited the main store and met a bunch of their people. I will always visit when in Hawaii. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

yeah Andrew Jerry is a good guy I am sure but his post do seem to lead others away from HMS could be his location on the East Coast funny but it seems that Jerry is always reporting you have new news on the website so little confusimg…..

I'm not sure how telling 'the community' that a product is available cheaper elsewhere is rooting against anybody. Or is this forum sponsored by HMS? If so, I was not aware.

From this and your previous posts, you seem to be extremely sensitive to any post that doesn't praise you and your business. In this most recent case, look at what I wrote, and then read your response. As you might have noticed, I am the one who called attention to the fact that you are now selling these tuners.

“That's little, if any, savings”

“With the right shipping option they are a bit cheaper”

Both true. But the first is something you say about a place you’re trying not to shop at.

And that’s fine. I’m just chiming in from the other side like, why? We try very hard to be helpful so it’s hard to get when I feel someone has something against us that posts as much as you and you’ve posted complaints about us here before not answering your emails fast enough etc. I take everything serious because I started with nothing and our team is trying their best every day. But come to Hawaii and I’ll give you a hug. There’s no REAL problems here.

I've spent almost $2,800 at HMS over the past few years, so I'm hardly trying to avoid you. While I did post a couple of years ago that I didn't get return phone calls or answers to emails, they were hardly complaints. I was simply stating a fact and asking if this was typical. I wanted to buy a uke from you, and I wanted more information. I have posted more good things about HMS than I have about the phone calls and emails, yet you haven't posted a Thank You for those positive comments.

I've spent almost $2,800 at HMS over the past few years, so I'm hardly trying to avoid you. While I did post a couple of years ago that I didn't get return phone calls or answers to emails, they were hardly complaints. I was simply stating a fact and asking if this was typical. I wanted to buy a uke from you, and I wanted more information. I have posted more good things about HMS than I have about the phone calls and emails, yet you haven't posted a Thank You for those positive comments.

I'm sorry Jerry. I come here but there are periods where I'm too busy to look. But thank you. And I know you used to buy with us. You stopped liking us. Boohoo. lol. I apologize for being out of line and too sensitive. Mahalo.

I'm sorry Jerry. I come here but there are periods where I'm too busy to look. But thank you. And I know you used to buy with us. You stopped liking us. Boohoo. lol. I apologize for being out of line and too sensitive. Mahalo.

Look at what you just wrote: "used to buy with us" - that applies to every one of your customers. Every one of them bought in the past. Nothing else is possible. Why do you think I won't continue to buy from you? I bought in 2015, 2019, and years in between.

"You stopped liking us" - based on what? Is it because I said that saving $1.74 was "a little"?

I'm not sure how telling 'the community' that a product is available cheaper elsewhere is rooting against anybody. Or is this forum sponsored by HMS? If so, I was not aware.

Actually, he said they were slightly cheaper at HMS, not elsewhere, but that they weren't much cheaper. $6 less, but then you have to pay for shipping.

Last edited:
Any package coming from overseas can take a bit, and sometimes more than a bit, of time to clear customs.
HMS is in the US ;). No customs check. The price Jerry was commenting on was US Postal Service domestic 1st class mail.

HMS is in the US ;). No customs check. The price Jerry was commenting on was US Postal Service domestic 1st class mail.

I am well aware that HMS is in the US and that Hawaii is our 50th state. He was comparing US Postal 1st class + $23.99 to $29.99 shipped. Just realized Pohaku is in the US too.

Last edited:
Andrew, I have purchased from you in the past and will continue to purchase from your stores. However, I think your response was a little over-the-top here. While I agree you have a right to post and express your interests freely, most here are just regular users and buyers of goods, the very goods you sell. I think Jerry was just comparative shopping, like most of us do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom