Can I propose a new challenge?

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi guys ‘n’ gals,

I don’t mean to keep going on about it, but some of you may know that I’m a bit poorly at the moment and am being advised to not really do much in the way of regular playing; or in particular having a good old sing song until the wonderful doctors I have get me sorted out.

I’m still enjoying watching and listening to you all though, and my doing so certainly helps each day pass by whilst I’m sitting here bored senseless. lol

I have to laugh however as since I fell ill so much of the content I see on TV, and so much of the things I hear on the radio, contain words or subject matter relating to the ‘heart’. I even flicked over channels to be confronted by a full, open chest, heart by-pass operation last night! Put me right off the cup of tea I was drinking, I can tell you! lol

I know others on UU will no doubt have experienced heart problems themselves, or know people who have and I smile as I wonder if they found the same when listening to music or watching TV whilst they were suffering.

Anyway, if anyone fancies taking up my challenge which will last until the end of August, it is this - to post a song/tune either relating to the heart or which contains the word ‘heart’. It can obviously be an instrumental, or played and sung. Either something about the heart physically, or a heart being emotionally broken, anything really.

I’ll try and do one myself as soon as I feel able (my symptoms change day by day at the moment) but it’d be great fun to see what you all come up with.

Don’t worry if it’s not something you all fancy (I know I’ve waffled on a bit here so have probably got you all yawning by now lol), but I look forward to seeing what you come up with IF you fancy having a go.

Love this idea, but I'm in Germany at the moment and can't work on anything new. Here's a song I covered in the past:

Great stuff John - thanks buddy. Assuming it's a holiday and not problems, enjoy your time in Germany and travel safely my friend.

Here's a rough and ready one taker freshly recorded just for you David ......

Brian mate, you're a diamond! A great song and soooo well done - thank you. I wish I could play harmonica, but whenever I've tried it sounded more like a cat with its tail caught in a mangle! lol

Here's one I made several years ago long before i had my pacemaker fitted.Hope you like it and make a speedy recovery

Hi Dave! I don't have a ukulele. I made my stick gutar a ukulele and played for you.

Raining In My Heart

Raining In My Heart from Buddy Holly 1958. Backing percussion provided by Mother Nature.

Good Luck Dave!

Raining In My Heart from Buddy Holly 1958. Backing percussion provided by Mother Nature.

Good Luck Dave!

Nelson, that was fantastic my friend, thank you! And your percussion backing band were amazing! ;-) x

Hi, Dave! You sing heart by yourself in "You to Me Are Everything" in your post in guitar video room under music related boards. Well done!

I could move a mountain when your hand is in my hand
Words cannot express how much you mean to me
There must be some other way to make you see
If it takes my heart and soul
You know I'd pay the price
Everything that I possess I'd gladly sacrifice

If I could sing this song, I would try here. But it is very hard to sing for me. Nice voice and nice play Dave.

Hi, Dave! You sing heart by yourself in "You to Me Are Everything" in your post in guitar video room under music related boards. Well done!

I could move a mountain when your hand is in my hand
Words cannot express how much you mean to me
There must be some other way to make you see
If it takes my heart and soul
You know I'd pay the price
Everything that I possess I'd gladly sacrifice

If I could sing this song, I would try here. But it is very hard to sing for me. Nice voice and nice play Dave.

Thanks my friend. I sang and posted that only a few days ago and didn’t even notice that myself. lol

Dave, I had heart attack episodes and a triple bypass some years ago. I've written a couple of songs related on it. This one is as true a story as I've ever put into a song.

Top Bottom