New Uke Day x2

Uncle Leroy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
So, on very short notice my company asked me to travel from Okinawa, Japan to Hawaii for a work project for about three weeks. What a lucky break. Since I have been here and some folks I work with here discovered I played uke they have went out of their way to introduce me to some very kind folks. I had the pleasure of meeting Jody Kamisato who has a fabulous Ukulele Hale. I had so much fun hanging with him. He turned me on to a guy named Makoto Harada. I acquired one of his Tenor models. Quite a lovely instrument.
Yesterday I toured the Kanilea shop and scored a Diamond Super Tenor with a 19” scale. Wow! Just wow. I am a lucky dude.
BBD8A763-8891-4F57-91B3-626FC0878849.jpg

Last edited:
So, on very short notice my company asked me to travel from Okinawa, Japan to Hawaii for a work project for about three weeks. What a lucky break. Since I have been here and some folks I work with here discovered I played uke they have went out of their way to introduce me to some very kind folks. I had the pleasure of meeting Jody Kamisato who has a fabulous Ukulele Hale. I had so much fun hanging with him. He turned me on to a guy named Makoto Harada. I acquired one of his Tenor models. Quite a lovely instrument.
Yesterday I toured the Kailua factory and scored a Diamond Super Tenor with a 19” scale. Wow! Just wow. I am a lucky dude.
View attachment 120426

Awesome! Is the diamond tenor’s large lower bout an amazing difference?

Yes, the larger lower bout is providing a little volume maybe. It is comfortable to play as well. I like the longer scale.

Wow, very cool! So how will you fly home to Okinawa with two ukes (I know -- "very carefully")?

Those are two great looking instruments. The Harada looks really nice. And the Kanile'a Diamond is fantastic!

Congrats! Way to make hard lemonade out of lemonade—or something like that.

Top Bottom