A Good Story

Tomthebaptist

Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken this story was told by Will Rodgers.

“A hungry lion ate a bull. The lion then went back to the bush, happy and satisfied he sat down began to roar. He was so full and satisfied, he roared, and roared, and roared. Then along came a hunter. The hunter heard the loud roar and shot the lion dead.

The moral of the story: When full of ‘Bull’ keep your mouth shut!

At least for me, the story serves as a good reminder before I get on the forum and pontificate on the virtues of one ukulele maker over another, or one music vendor over another. I confess that I am guilty of being full of (a know it all) bull in some of my previous posts. We all have our personal preference - its all good

Last edited by a moderator:
ROAR! ROAR!

John Colter

It is a good thing to hear a variety of opinions on a subject. And that's just what they are: opinions.

On this forum, they are frequently supported by facts. I have changed my views many times after members have shared their thoughts.

I don't think I have read anything that you have expressed as being out of line or too adamant.

I do know that I have been too confident about some things only to have been set straight by others. It a great place to learn and discuss without acrimony.

Last edited:
It is a good thing to hear a variety of opinions on a subject. And that's just what they are: opinions.

On this forum, they are frequently supported by facts. I have changed my views many times after members have shared their thoughts.

I don't think I have read anything that you have expressed as being out of line or too adamant.

I do know that I have been too confident about some things only to have been set straight by others. It a great place to learn and discuss with acrimony.

Hi Kenn, I agree with you. For the most part this a very friendly forum. I’ve learned a lot from members and have made a few life long friends. However, I wrote this in response to a post that became acrimonious when it didn’t have to.

A few years ago we had several verbal fisticuffs on this forum. I was just thinking how nice and peaceful it has been for quite a while. I like peaceful.

Opinions on Ukulele brands/makes are the same as opinions on cars,sport,anything; you will believe that you are right in your stance,as will the other person in theirs. It makes the world go round! And yes,peaceful is best. Life can contain enough arguments and aggravation without looking for it on forums!

Top Bottom