NUD: KoAloha tenor with Koaloha Hardcase

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This past Thursday, I visited KoAloha Ukulele factory with 20 high school aged student performers from Southern New Jersey to tour the factory, meet Pops and then rehearse with him for a performance we were doing later than night along with Pops. The kids were singing one of Pops original songs, AMERICA'S SONG, and we asked Pops to sing it with us on stage.

At the factory I was looking to purchase a new KoAloha tenor because I recently traded the one I had for another wonderful ukulele. I am glad I made the trade but I did miss the Koaloha Tenor so I wanted to pick up maybe a Factory Special at the factory. To my utter joy and astonishment, Pops did have a "Special" one hand picked for me, but it was not a factory special. It was one of the ones that they pull from production because they look and sound stunning-- more so than others. Pops presented this to me as a gift from him and Moms and it was in a beautiful hard Koaloha ukulele case.

The wood on this ukulele is stunning and the sound is so rich and full with that unique KoAloha sound that plays right through you and touches your very soul on the first strum. It is amazing and I will always treasure it.
It was made in May 2019 and is gorgeous!

Mahalo, Alvin (Pops)
fullsizeoutput_1a2d.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a2e.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a29.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a31.jpg

Last edited:
Ed that's fantastic! It's great that he gifted a ukulele to someone who will cherish and appreciate it's significance and it's sound. Enjoy.

I trust that the concert went well. You are fortunate to know and be able to perform with Pops. Congratulations. I hope the kids understand just how special the experience you have been able to provide truly is.

Besides, that is soooooooo cool! :shaka:

Aloha Ken,

It was very cool and the concert was great. So much so that Pops decided to join us again on Monday when we perform at the Royal Hawaiian Center. The kids did not understand any significance with Pops until they 1) toured the factory and saw the personal care taken by everyone at KoAloha and how delicate and tedious a task it is to make the ukulele, ad 2) when they met Pops and Moms first hand. the kids were enraptured by the force of their personality, openess, and honesty. Koaloha provided a Korean bbq for the kids and parents. Pops gave the kids KoAloha sopranos to keep with them on tour and play at all the concerts. the kids were holding the ukes like they were babies, understanding how precious they are. the kids even asked if I could keep them in my hotel room to keep them safe.fullsizeoutput_1a2a.jpg

Last edited:
This whole story just makes my heart feel good. The kids obviously respect the man, the company and those instruments. The future of the ukulele is in good hands. I am so glad to be part of this community. Thank you for sharing, we need good news because good things happen everyday but the bad news always over shadows it.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip, made even more special by the involvement and generosity of Pops and the KoAloha family.

I was fortunate enough to buy a KoAloaha Soprano uke during a visit to Ohau in 2006. Beautiful instrument and the sound i devine.... Next time there, I am going to do the tour.

Great story and beautiful ukulele

The generosity and genuine nature of pops and KoAloha as a company speaks volumes for these folks. Congratulations. You don’t see much of this anymore so stories like this are great. Play on and cherish this gift and moment.

Wow. Great story and great looking uke! Thank you for sharing.

Top Bottom