Ukulele Vanity Plates

Martinlover

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anybody got ukulele-related vanity plates they’d like to share—either on your vehicle or seen on the road?

My husband got me UKECRAZY. It could have just been UKULELE. But he just had to put the crazy in there.

8AF79DC4-BDC3-4A40-BF41-1238591921F1.jpg

Anybody got ukulele-related vanity plates they’d like to share—either on your vehicle or seen on the road?

My husband got me UKECRAZY. It could have just been UKULELE. But he just had to put the crazy in there.

View attachment 120452

That's fun. I have vanity plates but they don't make a ukulele statement.

You should get sponsorship from Kala.

Not mine, but found by Jan De Smet, and retrieved from his instagram page. Kind of says what it is, not?

50494914_250887299152204_5697600268892405818_n.jpg

I applied for “UKE 52MG” for my 1952 MG. It was rejected by the CA DMV, for being profanity.
Imagine what they must think of banjos.

I applied for “UKE 52MG” for my 1952 MG. It was rejected by the CA DMV, for being profanity.
I can usually figure out the "profanity" in these but I just don't see it here. CA DMV is insane.

I asked on another forum and got some answers -

"Noun. uke (plural ukes or uke) (judo, martial arts) The training partner against whom tori performs a move. (Japanese fiction) A passive or submissive male fictional character in a same-sex relationship; a bottom."

"Thinking the DMV thinks it might somehow be a gang name"

"my search turned up Mirena IUD birth control device. In our language, uke is only a letter short of a vulgar name for woman's privates."

"Noun. uke (plural ukes or uke) (judo, martial arts) The training partner against whom tori performs a move. (Japanese fiction) A passive or submissive male fictional character in a same-sex relationship; a bottom."

"my search turned up Mirena IUD birth control device. In our language, uke is only a letter short of a vulgar name for woman's privates."

Learn something new every day. Thanks.

This is from back in 2005. My Miata has the UKALADY plates and I spotted Ken in our little town back then with UKULELE plates so I had to get a photo of the two of us.

Sadly, Ken has passed on and my Miata, the plates and the LoPrinzi soprano I'm holding in my arms all burned up in the Paradise, California fire last November. California DMV won't re-issue the same plates when *both* plates are destroyed because they have no proof you really destroyed them and they may truly exist somewhere out of the system. Geesh... I've used this license plate as years for my avatar, though, and the DMV can't take that away from me!!

ukalady.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvb45p068rtdphh/ukalady.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
This is from back in 2005. My Miata has the UKALADY plates and I spotted Ken in our little town back then with UKULELE plates so I had to get a photo of the two of us.

Sadly, Ken has passed on and my Miata, the plates and the LoPrinzi soprano I'm holding in my arms all burned up in the Paradise, California fire last November. California DMV won't re-issue the same plates when *both* plates are destroyed because they have no proof you really destroyed them and they may truly exist somewhere out of the system. Geesh... I've used this license plate as years for my avatar, though, and the DMV can't take that away from me!!

View attachment 120532

Very nice.

View attachment 120532

So sorry to hear you were in that Paradise fire. Is it possible to give them the burnt out licence plates? Was there anything left of them that could show what they were? Since they are stamped, maybe there is enough left for identification so that they are assured you don't have them. I would also ask to speak to a supervisor and contact Newsom's office. It seems so little to ask after you have lost so much. You would be surprised how much can be accomplished by contacting a politician's office.

Tonya,

I am sorry you went through all that loss. Someday I hope you get your plates back.

OH NO! What are people thinking when they see me driving around with my UKECRAZY plates?

Last edited:
Top Bottom