Sell One Uke at a Time

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I had a couple of ukes listed for a few weeks, and they both sold on Friday. One sold for $900, and the other one for $65. I use Click N Ship to print labels at home, so I just drop packages off at the PO.

Click N Ship wasn't cooperating. It wouldn't complete the transaction, and then I wound up with two $27 labels to the same address. Unfortunately, both labels were sending the less expensive uke to the buyer of the expensive one. Once they're in boxes, it's easy to get them mixed up. I canceled those labels and requested a refund.

Then I tried once more to make labels for each box. Again, Click N Ship was fighting with me. Not one to give up, I wasted more time fighting with C-N-S than I would have spent waiting at the PO, but I got both labels printed. It used to be cheaper printing the labels at home, but no more.

When I sell on eBay, I can choose the selling date, but posting ukes on the online selling sites, it depends on the buyers. What are the odds of both selling on the same day? I sold both of these through Reverb, and when I started the label process with them, I couldn't choose the shipping date. It would have been the date I printed it - the weekend. Reverb charged me right away, even before the label was printed, so I had to request a cancellation for that one. As it turned out, Reverb's discounted rate was quite a bit more expensive than Priority Mail, so I went with that.

At this point, I don't have any ukes I want to sell, so I don't think I'll have this problem again.

You're WAY ahead of me, Jerry! I still do my labels by cutting out a little rectangle of white paper, getting out the black Sharpie, hand-addessing it, and securing it to the box with packing tape! But I don't sell very often, so it's not a huge issue... Have a good week !!

I dread the shipping fiasco so much, I just sell locally on Facebook Marketplace. I don't reach a wide audience, but the experience has been good. It's fun meeting fellow enthusiasts.

I agree after a decade I have come to some realizations. It is just best to photo/list/ship one at a time. Just focus on the one, list it at your initial and most optimistic asking price, then gradually drop the price on occasion... it will sell! I wait about a week in-between price drops if no one is showing interest. Reverb has been a good place to get more eyes on my niche ukulele listings, and I've sold 3 ukes recently all within a months time on there with the above strategy. Pretty quick turn around I'd say.

Last edited:
I agree after a decade I have come to some realizations. It is just best to photo/list/ship one at a time. Just focus on the one, list it at your initial and most optimistic asking price, then gradually drop the price on occasion... it will sell! I wait about a week in-between price drops if no one is showing interest. Reverb has been a good place to get more eyes on my niche ukulele listings, and I've sold 3 ukes recently all within a months time on there with the above strategy. Pretty quick turn around I'd say.

The odd thing about Reverb is that I never know when I'm going to receive the money. With eBay/PayPal, I have the money before I ship. Reverb has received the payment for the two ukes, but I guess they hold onto it for a while to get the interest - in addition to their fees. "A few days" is pretty general.

Top Bottom