Shipping Costs

What are you using for shipping. Maybe I can help you out on how to ship a little cheaper.

Like Size of Uke and what service you use.

If the box is a little bigger, you can do USPS Parcel Select. It is cheaper if you generate the label through something like Paypal (Usps.com does not have the Parcel Select Option, but going to the post office often cost a whole lot more).

But yeah, shipping can kill ya!

What are you using for shipping. Maybe I can help you out on how to ship a little cheaper.

Like Size of Uke and what service you use.

If the box is a little bigger, you can do USPS Parcel Select. It is cheaper if you generate the label through something like Paypal (Usps.com does not have the Parcel Select Option, but going to the post office often cost a whole lot more).

But yeah, shipping can kill ya!

Thanks! This is for a Fluke tenor in a case - from CA. The seller got a price of $119 from the post office. I suggested that he use a smaller box. I'll keep that Parcel Select in mind - and PayPal.

It doesn't look like I can get a shipping cost from PayPal without first paying and going through the printing routine.

Last edited:
Thanks! This is for a Fluke tenor in a case - from CA. The seller got a price of $119 from the post office. I suggested that he use a smaller box. I'll keep that Parcel Select in mind - and PayPal.

It doesn't look like I can get a shipping cost from PayPal without first paying and going through the printing routine.

Yeah but it should be through Parcel Select about $25. If it is super heavy it can be around $40.

Yeah but it should be through Parcel Select about $25. If it is super heavy it can be around $40.

Thanks. I used the USPS site to calculate postage, and 5 lb in a 25" x 9" x 6" box, insured, from CA to NY should cost $28.95.

I used Parcel Select to ship a Tiny Tenor from California to Hawaii and it cost $45. It took a month to arrive and the box was crushed and torn open. The instrument looked surprising good—thought it would just be a case of wood chunks. It only had two large cracks: one on the side and another on the soundboard. I cost $125 to mail it back via Priority mail and only took 3 days.

I used Parcel Select to ship a Tiny Tenor from California to Hawaii and it cost $45. It took a month to arrive and the box was crushed and torn open. The instrument looked surprising good—thought it would just be a case of wood chunks. It only had two large cracks: one on the side and another on the soundboard. I cost $125 to mail it back via Priority mail and only took 3 days.

With a recommendation like that, how could anyone resist Parcel Select? :D

Last time I shipped a musical instrument it was a guitar hence far bigger and heavier than a uke, cost the equivalent of $20.

Over here in the UK Paypal/fleabay shipping costs are far higher than costs we can get from a comparison site like parcel monkey.

Last time I shipped a musical instrument it was a guitar hence far bigger and heavier than a uke, cost the equivalent of $20.

Over here in the UK Paypal/fleabay shipping costs are far higher than costs we can get from a comparison site like parcel monkey.

Easyship, Parcelmonkey and Shipgooder are all good for getting discounted shipping rates. Insurepost is a good way of buying insurance when you don't want to put the value on the package. Some places putting a value on a package can increase the odds of it disappearing.

How much insurance di the shipper put on it? That adds substantially to the cost.

Top Bottom