NUD: Martin C1K

Congrats, mine smells of fresh wood shaving though, made in 2017. The sound hole smell level should be part of the listing specs for Martin ukes.

Congrats, mine smells of fresh wood shaving though, made in 2017. The sound hole smell level should be part of the listing specs for Martin ukes.

I thought of sticking one of those green smelly trees that some people hang from their rear view mirrors into the sound hole. I could change the scent every few weeks. Air Freshener.jpg :D

I thought of sticking one of those green smelly trees that some people hang from their rear view mirrors into the sound hole. I could change the scent every few weeks. View attachment 120690 :D

That would work great I can imagine that. A sachet of dried flower petals and aroma wood twigs may be more natural smelling?

Congrats. I hope you enjoy it. I'm getting to know mine as well.

What strings do you have on it?

Mine came with the Martin M600's and I recently changed to the Martin Premiums (M610's) based on UU member recommendations. They're still settling, but I think I like them better.

Congrats. I hope you enjoy it. I'm getting to know mine as well.

What strings do you have on it?

Mine came with the Martin M600's and I recently changed to the Martin Premiums (M610's) based on UU member recommendations. They're still settling, but I think I like them better.

I have no idea what they are, but they're clear.

Yeah, they should make those little deodorizer trees with a koa smell! :D

Does koa have a smell?

Apparently, it does, and for $44 (plus shipping?) you can buy a koa-scented candle.
https://martinandmacarthur.com/products/koa-candle

EDIT: For a lot less ($12), you can get a candle that is koa, but also half a dozen other scents. It's like Kona coffee. You can buy a 7 oz bag for $20 or get a Kona blend for half the price. I don't especially like Kona coffee, so I avoid that expense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom