Michigan Get Together (planning)

RyRod

Reaction score
List of Michigan meetups + Planning a new one.

So, when is a good time/day for everyone?
There are already a couple people interested in doing this,
so i figured I'd let people know and get their input.

****Edit****

So yes, there are meetups in Ann Arbor every 4th tuesday. There is also another meetup of the silver strings dulcimer society in Garden City every 1st, 3rd, and sometimes 5th thursday of the month.

The Ann arbor meetup plays chill, easy, songs that everyone can play along with. Now, I can have fun strumming along because i love playing any song on the uke. BUT most songs are older and people just strum, no awesome chunking or reggae strumming techniques. They're open to your song suggestions and the people are really friendly.

Here is their website. http://ukulele.meetup.com/85

From what I gather on the Silver strings Dulcimer society website there is a membership fee and they play older songs as well.

Here is what their website http://www.ssdsociety.org says...
The Silver Strings Dulcimer Society features the Hammered Dulcimer, along with a variety of other acoustic instruments such as the Mountain Dulcimer, Guitar, Fiddle, Banjo, Autoharp, String Bass, Washtub Bass, Mandolin, Ukulele, Harmonica, Tin Whistle, and Recorder. Meetings take place on the first, third and fifth Thursdays of every month, 7-9 pm at Good Hope Lutheran Church,
28680 Cherry Hill Rd, Garden City, MI. We start jamming at 7 pm, break for a brief business meeting and snacks at 8:30 pm and
then back to jamming. If you play or enjoy listening to any of the above instruments, you are invited to visit us at our next meeting

Last edited:
I'd be up for a get together (although I'm still very much a uke newbie). I think there is already an Ann Arbor ukulele group on meetup.org.

MICHIGAN, yes i would be up for this, also. should it be a weekend day? would that be good?

Wow, sorry, I dont know why I haven't looked at this in awhile.

Yes, there is a ukulele meetup in ann arbor. they meet the 4th tuesday of the month at oz music on packard road. I'll be going this tuesday at 7:30.

So what day would be good for everyone?
Where is the next question. We're all kind of spread out. I've noticed a couple people around the metro area.

the metro parks are pretty nice. although it would cost $4 to get in and the weather would have to cooperate. They do have picnic areas that are covered if it does rain.

Somebody throw out some other ideas.

soooooo, it's now august and still nothing.

Oh well, I tried.

Seeing that I dont work right know and school starts the end of september, i have all the time in the world.

Somebody throw out a date and i'll be there.

There is a new group out of Lansing (LAUGH). We meet at Elderly Instruments on the 2nd Saturday of each month at 10:30 am. Its a lot of fun and everyone is welcome including newbies like me. Our next meeting is this Saturday (nov 14th). We have had a good turnout and it is an excellent way to connect with other players. ~jody

open mics.

I posted a new thread earlier but I think this would be more appropriate. If any of you guys are around Eastern Michigan University we have an open mic on campus every wednesday night, if any of you guys are around and interested in meeting up, there are a few ukulele players around on campus.

Top Bottom