Grrrrrrrr

Wet-Skunk

Reaction score
Nothing like ordering a new ukulele online and the inner box comes with a boot print on the semi crushed box. On a positive note, the only issue I ran into was one of the sealed gear tuners was leaking oil. Didn't know that was a thing. Threw some Living Waters on her and she sounds nice.

The *inner* box? That takes some special skills :uhoh:

I had a crushed inside box show the other day from Amazon. Good that nothing was in it beside a big anchor bolt.
I've had crushed boxes come with ukes and been amazed they came out in one piece. Thank you USPS for being so careful

I‘m batting zero here. I was expecting my Martin Bamboo today but they miss delivered it to some guy named Felix.

Now I really wish to know that lucky ukulele (model) that survived that near death experience!

If you think that a boot print on an inner cardboard box is bad, look at this. The Ameritage case was packed inside a strong suitcase. When I opened the suitcase this was what I found.
496AAB93-6BFD-455F-9B4C-3A25B832365F.jpg

If you think that a boot print on an inner cardboard box is bad, look at this. The Ameritage case was packed inside a strong suitcase. When I opened the suitcase this was what I found.
View attachment 120928

Wow, that looks really suspicious....

View attachment 120928

What is that? Did it penetrate the suitcase as well, or only the Ameritage case? If not the suitcase, it raises all sorts of questions about the airport's baggage handlers and security. Like someone thinking it was valuable to steal and upset that it wasn't what they thought it was...

In the Manila, Philippines, airport pilferage has gotten so bad that companies have sprung up that will wrap your luggage in plastic to make opening very difficult. I believe one has a security person that can inspect it before wrapping for US travel. But that was someone telling me that and it may not be accurate.

View attachment 120928

That's like the mystery of the man found dead inside a room that was locked from the inside. It took some force to drive that screwdriver into the case, and it had to be done with the suitcase opened.

I read an online article saying that the baggage area is like a shopping mall for baggage handlers. There's no such thing as locked. The first time we flew after the TSA started, I had TSA locks on the luggage. When I checked them in, the man said I had to remove them. I don't fly any more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom