Titebond Translucent

Timbuck

Reaction score
I've been trying some of this out on a couple of fretboards...I seems to have the same spec's as red cap...But you dont have to put a lot on co's the squeeze out is over the top (a bit runny). :( I had to unclamp and clean off all the surplus... and then reclamp again.

Last edited:
Oh boy! We are talkin' glues again!... Just so everybody is translucent on the subject, Ken is talkin' about Titebond's Polyvinyl acetate emulsion glue which is different from Titebond's original redcap which is an Aliphatic resin emulsion glue. Two very different critters. The specs are also slightly different. This is what Titebond says about the stuff:

Titebond Translucent Wood Glue is designed for general household and woodworking projects. It provides a virtually invisible glue line and bonds stronger than the wood. A strong tack and fast speed of set helps reduce clamp time. When dry, this wood glue is unaffected by finishes and sands easily. Also ideal for craft projects, Titebond Translucent is easy to use, non-toxic and cleans up with water. It is specifically designed for wood, particleboard, hardboard, leather, cloth and most other porous materials.

WoodGlues_PP_TBTranslucent.jpg

Top Bottom