Nice Tuners

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I took a chance and ordered a set of these Flameer tuners from China through Amazon. They came much faster than they first suggested - only nine days. I plan to put them on a Fluke, and I like the appearance and the wooden knobs. I also like the fact that the shaft is narrow enough that I don't have to enlarge the holes in the headstock of the Fluke. I ordered two more sets because you never know how long something like this is going to last. The mounting plate is only very slightly wider (maybe .5mm) than the headstock, so that's not a concern.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KZH6ZDF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't wait to see them on your Fluke. I've thought of using Grover 9b on mine, but shaving them down to fit has deterred me. Same with Ratios. These may be a nice alternative.

They'll probably go on the Fluke I'm going to have painted, and I still don't have a subject.

Tuners look solid. How much? No price shown on link to my iPad?
Thanks

They'll probably go on the Fluke I'm going to have painted, and I still don't have a subject.

How about a pic of your '52 MGTD? (I'm sure I screwed up the date and model of it. Going from memory, which is always suspect.)

Got a favorite dog or cat? Past or present?

Hobbies? Astronomy? Archaeology? Abstract Painter? Favorite Travel Spot? Game of Thrones Logo? Sports Team? Music Notation Symbol? Coat of Arms? Fantasy Character? etc.

How about a pic of your '52 MGTD? (I'm sure I screwed up the date and model of it. Going from memory, which is always suspect.) Got a favorite dog or cat? Past or present? Hobbies? Astronomy? Archaeology? Abstract Painter? Favorite Travel Spot? Game of Thrones Logo? Sports Team? Music Notation Symbol? Coat of Arms? Fantasy Character? etc.

???????????????Huh?

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Jerry,
I don't see bushings in any of the product photos on Amazon. Were bushings included?

Thanks,

Steve.

Yes, there are bushings. They are slightly larger than the holes in the Fluke, so I'll either sand them down a bit or open up the holes in the Fluke slightly.

???????????????Huh?

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Ideas for painting the fluke.

Yes, there are bushings. They are slightly larger than the holes in the Fluke, so I'll either sand them down a bit or open up the holes in the Fluke slightly.

Just curious, what's the tool for opening up the bushing holes inside the slotted headstock, as the usual T reamer can't fit in there?

Just curious, what's the tool for opening up the bushing holes inside the slotted headstock, as the usual T reamer can't fit in there?

Ah, yes! That will call for improvising. The hole where the shaft goes is already larger than it has to be, so adding another .5mm isn't going to hurt anything. I think I'll try filing down the sides of the collars, rather than enlarging the holes.

Ideas for painting the fluke.
Oh, got it, missed that completely, thanks.

Top Bottom