Seeking a trade for a concert or tenor in the $3k range

Status
Not open for further replies.

danersen

Reaction score
Hello -
I am in need of a concert or tenor ukulele for my volunteer hospital visits and am pursuing all possibilities of a straight-across trade for my 2013 Jay Lichty custom “Dream” nylon string guitar with Carpathian Spruce top, Zircote back, and Koa binding and side sound port. (The “right” soprano may also be a consideration.)
The Lichty Dream Guitar is smaller than a parlor guitar and larger than a baritone ukulele.
Dream Guitar Dimensions: Lower Bout: 12″, Upper Bout: 9″, Overall Length: 36″, Depth: 3″, Body Length: 18″, 620 millimeter scale, 21 frets / 12 to the body, Nut Width: 1 7/8″ or as specified per order.
The guitar is in flawless cosmetic condition — BUT it has two stable professionally repaired and cleated in-grain humidity-related cracks in the back.
The repair was performed by luthier Edward Dick maker of Victor Guitars and owner of Colorado School of Lutherie.It has a custom Cedar Creek case in excellent condition.
The current new price for this is $7k, but the cracks and resale obviously diminish the value. I have three current value appraisals from four professional dealers (two national and two local) that place the current value at $3850, $3500, $3500,and $3400 which is the basis for my approximate proposed trade value of $3k.
Please see the photos - one of which is the custom order sheet.
I am the original/only owner and player.
URL: https://lichtyguitars.com/models/dream-guitar/
Be Well,
Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom