FS: 2015 Ko’olau CS Rosewood & Spruce Thinline Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uke Up

Reaction score
$2200 obo

This custom-made tenor was built by Noa Bonk and finished by Ryan Condon (SN:191815). It is from their CS (Contemporary Series) line, which means it has the more rounded body shape, radius fretboard, and this one also has an upgraded slotted headstock and a perfect semi-gloss nitrocellulose finish. It is built using only hide glue and the finest quality wood. The top is sitka spruce. The back and sides are beautiful South American rosewood that is bound in curly Hawaiian Koa.

You can see and hear it at: https://www.theukulelesite.com/ko-olau-cs-spruce-rosewood-slothead-tenor.html

This CS tenor is perfect except for two small nicks on the headstock , one of which is almost impossible to see. I only mention these as I want whoever buys this ukulele to be thrilled rather than even slightly disappointed.

The reason I am selling wonderful ukulele is that I was unexpectedly, able to buy a Moore Bettah. So, I am selling it, as well as my KoAloha Red Label Spruce Koa Tenor.

This ukulele is extremely easy to play with nice low action. It's very light in weight, but it has fat tone and is one of the finest ukuleles I’ve seen or played. This is an incredible ukulele from one of Hawaii's top custom builders.

Details:
Sitka spruce top
South American rosewood body
Nitrocellulose semi-gloss finish
Ebony fretboard & tie bridge
Satin nitrocellulose mahogany neck
Macassar ebony faceplate gloss faced slotted headstock
Gotoh "Stealth" tuners
Ko'olau slim CS hardshell plush case

The case is very good condition but does have scuffs and scratches from use. This tenor is strung with Worth Brown low G strings, my favorite and will ship with an Oasis Humidifier.

$2200 obo

Last edited:
What a beauty. I have also Ko'olau CS tenor in rare Hawaiian Ko'u wood, and I love the feel and voice. I've never played a KoAloha Red Label but I'd love to hear how these 2 compare in sound and playability. Probably both different sounds in a very wonderful way. What does the term "thinline" refer to? Does it have a shallower body? Can't see it in the photos. Thanks, Rick

SOLD Going to a great new home>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom