Storing Uke Supplies

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Over the years, I've accumulated strings, tuners, straps, strap buttons, humidifiers, cleaning cloths, and various uke-building parts. Storage has become a challenge. Whenever I get an order from StewMac, I save the boxes because they're perfect for storage, but I'm going to need larger boxes.

What kind of a system do you use for storing uke-related items?

Vintage suitcases.

Attachments

• outside 3.jpg
    outside 3.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 40
Plastic drawer units from Walmart, Target, etc. They are cheap, hold a lot of misc. stuff, and have castors for easy moving.

I no longer have it, but for many years I owned a metal storage box from some office supply place. It was sturdy,lockable,and big enough to hold around fifty twelve inch vinyl albums (Not that I ever did, but that was one of the claims on the leaflet when I got it!) All my spare strings, tuners, string winders, capos, straps, leads etc fitted into it perfectly,along with my 'rough songbook' which was a slim ringbinder with a couple of dozen hand scrawled sheets inside. Good thing to have around. I gave it to a friend along with one or two of my guitars,when I abandoned the big six stringers, for the more fun tiny four stringers!

If you cut the top and about 3" of height off a macaroni box, let's say Barilla brand, but I think they're all about the same, it will be a perfect file holder for string packets. I have a couple of other boxes I've modified for my other supplies, and they all fit neatly in a drawer that also has lightbulbs, batteries, etc.

458C27D9-9B89-4270-8013-0624A21B0F55.jpg

Over the years, I've accumulated strings, tuners, straps, strap buttons, humidifiers, cleaning cloths, and various uke-building parts. Storage has become a challenge. Whenever I get an order from StewMac, I save the boxes because they're perfect for storage, but I'm going to need larger boxes.

What kind of a system do you use for storing uke-related items?

I have no supplies that aren't stored with the ukes, cleaning cloth, tuner, spare strings, except for a tube of polish and can of air.

I have three or four passions at the moment and they each have generated lots of stuff. It is a problem in that that stuff gets all mixed together often.

Top Bottom