DIY Cigar Box Uke

Jerryc41

Reaction score
This was a bit of an experiment. Instead of using a cigar box again, I thought I'd make my own box, but I made it too large. I found the picture online and printed it to size. Over time, whatever I sprayed on top is getting dull, so I think I'll remove the picture and try again.

08.jpg

I made three different CBU' at different times. Two I passed on to friends, and the one I kept is my CBU Resonator uke, concert scale and as loud as a loud thing, but as gentle as snowdrops when required! I would say it's my most played uke, of the few I own.

I made three different CBU' at different times. Two I passed on to friends, and the one I kept is my CBU Resonator uke, concert scale and as loud as a loud thing, but as gentle as snowdrops when required! I would say it's my most played uke, of the few I own.

The closest I came to that is converting an Enya tenor to a resonator. Interesting project.

You build the neck or use a cheapy uke and chop the neck? I do like this one. I have a really nice Japanese sesame oil can I want to make one out of.

You build the neck or use a cheapy uke and chop the neck? I do like this one. I have a really nice Japanese sesame oil can I want to make one out of.

I bought a block of mahogany from C. B. Gitty, or someone, and I was able to get two necks out of it. I've also used ready-made necks and fretboards. Part of the fun can be - doesn't have to be - making the neck and fretboard.

I bought a block of mahogany from C. B. Gitty, or someone, and I was able to get two necks out of it. I've also used ready-made necks and fretboards. Part of the fun can be - doesn't have to be - making the neck and fretboard.

Nice looking neck!

Top Bottom