Johnson Resonator Mandolin MA-988 - for Sale

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Johnson Resonator Mandolin. This is a big mandolin. I bought it so that if I became proficient enough to play it in public I could say "You don't need a big Johnson to play the mandolin, but it helps".
It has a biscuit topped cone. There are no cracks or buzzes from the cone but it sure ain't a National. It's been sitting on my stand for awhile and I just am not even trying to play it. I don't know if the fingerprints will rub out. If you want a loud, raucous instrument, this is probably the mando you are looking for.
More photos are available

IMG_0692.jpgIMG_0693.jpgIMG_0690.jpgIMG_0684.jpgIMG_0685.jpg

$150 plus shipping (about $45 for US).

I hope it’s okay to post this link to a Johnson resonator mandolin video
https://youtu.be/kgPmWs80qps
It’s a really neat instrument with a really cool sound. It’s a bit big for me. Good luck with your sale.

How is the action? Is it murder on your fingertips? My Uke fingertips are soft and dainty for mandolin is my fear

How is the action? Is it murder on your fingertips? My Uke fingertips are soft and dainty for mandolin is my fear

The action is OK. Metal strings do take awhile to get used to. They usually recommend practicing in 10-15 minute sessions till you build up finger pads.

Top Bottom