Gotoh Tuners on an XS Soprano

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I mentioned that a friend bought an all koa XS Soprano with Gotoh tuners. I just put those tuners on my spruce/koa XS. No reaming was required, and they went right in. I'll post pictures tomorrow. It looks a lot better without those "ears" sticking out the side. The original tuners are beautiful, and I'll probably put them a Flea or a Fluke.

I’m curious to see pics and discuss weight when you’ve played it awhile. I wanted to do UPT or UPTL on my TT solid top/laminate tenor . Tuner that come with Uke are GREAT but I want to experience the UPT. I’ve heard great things about them. The. Graphtech planetary tune started showing up. I’ve read you done a bunch of the later conversion so curious you comments on how different they feel.

Would Graphtech tune fit the XS?

I’m curious to see pics and discuss weight when you’ve played it awhile. I wanted to do UPT or UPTL on my TT solid top/laminate tenor . Tuner that come with Uke are GREAT but I want to experience the UPT. I’ve heard great things about them. The. Graphtech planetary tune started showing up. I’ve read you done a bunch of the later conversion so curious you comments on how different they feel.

Would Graphtech tune fit the XS?

The original tuners are very heavy. They're beautiful, though, and I'll use them on something. I'll be away tomorrow (two uke jams), but I will weigh both kinds of tuners and take pictures of the XS as it is now.

here's a picture of the XS headstock with Gotoh tuners - no ears! The original tuners weigh 3.8 oz, Gotoh weigh 2.2, and Peghed weigh 1.0. I don't have Ratio tuners handy.

Headstock.jpg Headstock Old.jpg

Top Bottom