Anyone here tried the Kiwaya KLS-3g that Uke Republic sells?

CPG

Reaction score
Anyone tried this? https://cargo.ukerepublic.com/product/kiwaya-kls-3g-mahogany-long-neck-soprano-ukulele

It's a Kiwaya and having previously owned and loved a KS-5, I have no doubt that it's very VERY good for the money. Still curious if someone here has actually tried it and can comment on it, especially in terms of how it compares to a KS-1 and/or KS-5.

This is made in Japan, so it's a different model than the long neck made in China Kiwaya that Baz reviewed a while back (though that seemed like a great uke too).

I imagine it's essentially a KS-1 with a long neck and geared tuners, but I'm curious if there are any other differences.

I kind of miss having a uke that sounds and plays like a higher-end uke, but that I can take anywhere without having to worry too much about temperature or humidity, so I'm considering one of these after I sell a couple of my other uke's.

Last edited:
I have never played the KLS-3G, but I do have a KLS-1G that looks and sounds almost identical to the KLS-3G in the Uke Republic review video here:

Main difference seems to be I have 2 dots on the 12th fret, this 3G has 1. And mine is laminate, of course. Also the bridge on mine is of a different wood, and is a darker gray/black hue.
I have a sound sample in this thread: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php?threads/nud-kiwaya-ksu1l.154635/#post-2336981

This thread appears to be 3 years old. I don't know if the OP is still interested. I have a Famous FLS-1 (made by Kiwaya for the Japanese market) as well as a Kiwaya KS-1. The FLS-1 has a solid mahogany top while the KS-1 is all laminate. The FLS-1 has a smoother richer sound.

This thread appears to be 3 years old. I don't know if the OP is still interested. I have a Famous FLS-1 (made by Kiwaya for the Japanese market) as well as a Kiwaya KS-1. The FLS-1 has a solid mahogany top while the KS-1 is all laminate. The FLS-1 has a smoother richer sound.
Yeah me either haha, I was looking for a price on the 3G out of curiosity’s sake, found the link to this thread on Google, and figured I’d try to answer. I’ll be honest, it did help me decide I don’t need a 3G. Although somebody has a Famous soprano up here for sale that if I had $200 laying around I would absolutely purchase just to see the difference. Alas, the last time I had $200 around I bought the Kiwaya KLS1.

Wow. Yeah. I don’t even remember posting this thread. Good to have a response though. Might be helpful to someone else some day.

Top Bottom