Martin C1k specs

Ukecaster

Reaction score
I've seen that the Martin C1K concert uke has a nut width of 1 13/32", which works out to be 35.7mm. Since I find string spread at the nut even more important, I'm wondering what the string spread at the nut is on these ukes? Does anyone have one, and can measure it? From some pics I've seen, like the one below, it looks more expansive than many other ukes. When measuring, I usually use my digital micrometer, measuring from the outsides of the G and A strings. Thanks in advance!

headstock.JPG

Last edited:
I most probably could do that measurement for you. Let me get home and find that measuring tape.

rEb3Tesl.jpg

Nut width: close to 37mm
String width from outside of G to A: close to 31mm

Have tried my best to position the tape as accurate as possible for the photo.

Hope it helps!

Thanks so much for measuring! I'm surprised at the 37mm nut width you got, they advertise them at 1 13/32", or 35.7mm.

In the meantime, I got an email reply from a Martin dealer who I also asked, who said the nut was just a hair over 35mm, and the string spread was 30.9mm, so the string spread matched your measurement. Even with something close to a 35mm nut, that 30.9mm string spread really improves things, providing much more room. Especially in relation to a T1K tenor I had, which had a 34.6mm nut and 29.2mm string spread at the nut, it was tight for me. I'll never figure why they chose the smaller specs on the bigger T1K tenor, as otherwise I really liked the sound of that one.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for measuring! I'm surprised at the 37mm nut width you got, they advertise them at 1 13/32", or 35.7mm.

In the meantime, I got an email reply from a Martin dealer who I also asked, who said the nut was just a hair over 35mm, and the string spread was 30.9mm, so the string spread matched your measurement. Even with something close to a 35mm nut, that 30.9mm string spread seems great, very roomy. Especially in relation to a T1K tenor I had, which had a 34.6mm nut and 29.2mm string spread at the nut. I'll never figure out the smaller specs on the bigger T1K tenor.

You’re welcome! The nut width can’t be 35mm with a string spread of 30.9mm. Else the G and A would be “living on the edge”. The advertised nut width seems more appropriate.

I’m not sure why mine (2017 version) seems to have a wider nut. The exact number should be around 36.8 or 36.9mm. I guess because these necks are manually cutted and sanded so a tolerance margin at half of a mm seems possible.

Regarding your T1K narrower nut width and spread, perhaps it is an earlier model and Martin has subtle improvements which resulted in a wider nut width in the newer version?

Top Bottom