Folk Singers - Cartoon

Hoo boy! Where is Joanie Baloney* when we need her?

Just kidding. I like Ms. Baez and her music. I have several of her albums and songbook.

*Al Capp's caricature of Joan Baez was a character in his cartoon strip "Lil' Abner" for a short time.

Last edited:
Hoo boy! Where is Joanie Baloney* when we need her?

Just kidding. I like Ms. Baez and her music. I have several of her albums and songbook.

*Al Capp's caricature of Joan Baez was a character in his cartoon strip "Lil' Abner" for a short time.

Yes, that was a unique time. I doubt that folk singing will be making a big return.

This is the absolute truth. When I lived in Ohio I had to get plates for my newly purchased, midlife crisis—divorce sports car. The lady at the DMV pulled one from the stack and it was:

FYU•123.

I asked her if I could have a different one. She said, "Nope. I can only pull them in order from the stack."

"Don't you think that's a little provocative?"

She looked puzzled and replied, "What do you mean?" :uhoh:

Face palm...

This is the absolute truth. When I lived in Ohio I had to get plates for my newly purchased, midlife crisis—divorce sports car. The lady at the DMV pulled one from the stack and it was:

FYU•123.

I asked her if I could have a different one. She said, "Nope. I can only pull them in order from the stack."

"Don't you think that's a little provocative?"

She looked puzzled and replied, "What do you mean?" :uhoh:

Face palm...

That's funny. I bet if someone tried to get a vanity plate like that, it would be rejected.

Top Bottom