Starting ukulele lessons today

jnicholes

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Good news, I'm starting ukulele lessons today. I found a local teacher in Meridian Idaho. I live in Nampa, so that's good for me. I'll let you all know how my first lesson goes! The lesson is in 7 hours.

I play a soprano, I have a lot of knowledge of the chords and stuff, but I want to enhance my playing, so I'm taking lessons.

I'll let you all know how it goes in 7 hours.

Jared

Good luck, Jared! Sounds like you'll have a great time.

Keep us updated. I've thought of taking lessons for the same reason. I feel like I've gotten about a far as I'm going to get on my own. I'll be interested in following your progress.

My first instructor I just didn't connect with, but the second is just great! Allow that meshing with an instructor may not happen right away.
I thought it was well worth it as I was in the same boat. Just stayed home plunking away, but it didn't really seem to go anywhere. I wanted a kind of route to proceed on and had better luck this way.
Good luck!

I hope it went well, Jared. I've had 3 lessons, from 2 different teachers. I learned a little bit, but not much. I have trouble with the application, and once I caught my mind wondering.

The lesson went fantastic. We mainly talked about strumming patterns for different types of songs today. He explained to me that there are different strumming patterns for different types of songs, like folk, rock, Etc.

I plan on going back next week.

Jared

That's good to hear. There is nothing more helpful and inspirational than finding a good teacher. I remember my first teacher vividly. He not only taught me how to play, but he pushed me in a whole new direction and style of playing. Really opened my eyes to new possibilities musically. Post some progress updates in the future. I'd love to hear how it's going.

Top Bottom