Neck Illusions - Stick-On

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I came across this via an ad on a web page - a good reason not to use an ad blocker. Neck Illusions makes stick-on graphics for fretboards. They have them for guitars and ukuleles. I don't know how they deal with the varied spacing of uke frets, but it's a clever idea.

https://neckillusions.com/collections/ukuleles

I have enough illusions while trying to play up the neck, don't need any more! :D

I understand. I'm going to try to make a fretboard for a Fluke, and something like that would be a nice edition. I could also look at contact paper, but it would have to be thin.

Something ukulele to spend money on. Just saying, the ukulele market is out there if one is looking for stuff to sell it is probably a good market to tap into.

Last edited:
Wow, those are way cool. Nice find, Jerry. If I was building a uke I might go for one of those. I esp. liked the one with the Klimpt painting of the lady (I think they call it Adele) and the one called Secret Machine. I tried to include links to those specific ones but was forbidden to paste them in.

Fun graphics. Have to wonder how well they will hold up from playing.

Contact paper does yellow with age, and the adhesive starts to bleed (ooze) out and the edges can curl over time. But they may make permanent adhesive types.

Fun graphics. Have to wonder how well they will hold up from playing.

My thoughts, exactly. Some of those are really nice, but can anybody convince me that it won't peel and leave a sticky, gooey mess on my fretboard after a few months? I'm not saying (with anything to back me up) that it will, but I'd love to hear from someone who has used them before I delve any deeper into choosing one and trying it out.

I came across this via an ad on a web page - a good reason not to use an ad blocker. Neck Illusions makes stick-on graphics for fretboards. They have them for guitars and ukuleles. I don't know how they deal with the varied spacing of uke frets, but it's a clever idea.

https://neckillusions.com/collections/ukuleles

The skull, amber, and I'm sure others are so busy it'd be hard to figure out where on the fretboard you are.

Wow, those are way cool. Nice find, Jerry. If I was building a uke I might go for one of those. I esp. liked the one with the Klimpt painting of the lady (I think they call it Adele) and the one called Secret Machine. I tried to include links to those specific ones but was forbidden to paste them in.

To post a link, you usually have to post it and then go back and click on Edit. Then you should be able to add it.

I emailed Neck Illusions about the various sizes of uke fretboards. He said I can send the dimensions and pictures, and they'll make a PDF template so I can check the fit before they make the overlay - no extra charge. I'm planning on making a couple of fretboards for two Flukes, and a nice graphic could add to the looks. It's just a matter of getting the right picture. They also do custom overlays for an extra charge. You can have all your relatives on the fretboard. :D

Top Bottom