A Plug for Stewart-MacDonald

Jerryc41

Reaction score
A most of you know, Stewart-MacDonald sells lots of parts and tools for stringed instruments. I mentioned last week that I was disappointed with the very short length of three D'Addario straps I bought from them. I put them out of sight and out of mind, but then I thought I should let S-W know that they are unusably short.

I got a reply offering to refund my money if I returned them, and they even sent a pre-paid label. I like dealing with a company that stands behind its products.

Were they defective, as in didn't adjust to the full spec length? It's been awhile since I owned a D'Addario strap but I recall I couldn't adjust one their heavy duty straps short enough to use with my Les Paul guitar. Had to cut and resew the dad burn thing. The last couple Levy's Leather's straps I bought have been great.

Were they defective, as in didn't adjust to the full spec length? It's been awhile since I owned a D'Addario strap but I recall I couldn't adjust one their heavy duty straps short enough to use with my Les Paul guitar. Had to cut and resew the dad burn thing. The last couple Levy's Leather's straps I bought have been great.

They were made perfectly, but they are just too short. I tried one and extended it as far as it would go. Still, the uke was way too high to play comfortably - or at all. Looking back at the description, it says it's for a uke, but it doesn't mention the length. I know what you mean about some guitar straps being too long. I have a couple that are adjusted by moving the smaller strap through slotted openings, and I had to cut two more slots.

Uke Strap - D'Addario.jpg Uke Strap - Levys.jpg

Last edited:
I used to produce the telephone "message-on-hold" promos for Stew-Mac. They were good guys to work for, so I assume they must be good guys to buy from, too.

I've dealt with them some over the years and they always came off as a very professional outfit for sure.

Top Bottom