Bird on a wire - Tenor Ukulele - "stream access"

colortrilogy

Reaction score
Tenor Ukulele - "stream access" price lowered - 999 plus 85 shipping

I'm a small output builder located in South Dakota, USA and have just finished a few uke builds. Please let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_0174-1.jpg

IMG_0184-1.jpg

IMG_0055-1.jpg

IMG_0112-1.jpg

All handmade... featuring a spruce top, Bay Laurel sides/back, mahogany neck. plywood inlay.

Antiqued
Swiss Schertler Tuning Machines
Sound port
36mm nut width
Dual carbon reinforced neck
Radiused fingerboard
Radiused Back
Inlay is common plywood
French polish finish

Visit http://birdwire.net/boaw/project/tenor-ukulele-23-stream-access/ for more info and pics. I'll have a demo sound. Thanks for looking!!!

Tom

Last edited:
I know that the other instrument you posted, the "Grafton" has received most of the comments, but to me this is the more stunning design. Simply gorgeous.

This is really a stunning uke, absolutely beautiful!
Great work Tom!

Great looking Uke. Any sound samples posted anywhere. Also curious with how wood is inflated around sound hole and up to upper bout. Very cool. Is this what you refer to as pkaywood?

Great looking Uke. Any sound samples posted anywhere. Also curious with how wood is inflated around sound hole and up to upper bout. Very cool. Is this what you refer to as pkaywood?

Thank you M3Ukulele I'll be posting ademo in the next few days.

The inlay is common plywood found in big box hardware stores. It's inlaided flush with the sound board. Here's a few pics taken during the build. Hope that helps!

IMG_0146in.jpg

inl.jpg

20190430_143821.jpg

That is interesting that you would inlay plywood. Was it for the look? Does it affect the sound board movement at all or just is so thin that it’s just looks cool. Nice work!

That is interesting that you would inlay plywood. Was it for the look? Does it affect the sound board movement at all or just is so thin that it’s just looks cool. Nice work!

Thanks M3Ukulele... Yes it's just really thin inlay on the upper boat and
doesn't effect the sound much.

Top Bottom